|Release date||7 November 2011 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• One Piercing Note|
|Location(s)||Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede|
|Examine||He's playing a mandolin.|
Inside the Abbey: Valerio the troubadour.
|NPC ID||? (edit)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
He had an illicit affair with one of the nuns of the abbey, Sister Elena. They met while she was collecting ingredients in Al Kharid and they began exchanging letters, while he occasionally snuck into the abbey via a tunnel in the kitchen. Their affair was discovered, and despite orders otherwise, they continued their relationship.
When he heard of the murder of Sister Anna from his lover, he brought his troupe to the abbey to pay his respects, camping outside the walls. This proved a source of contention within the abbey, as the nuns were split on whether a troubadour playing secular music should be allowed to perform on the grounds just outside the abbey.
After Sister Elena's murder, Sister Catherina went out and danced with him until she was ordered inside. However, before she reached the walls, the Killer struck, killing Sister Catherina. Valerio confronted the Killer but was unable to stop them. Abbess Benita brought in into the murder investigation, as he was one of two people she was certain was not the killer. The abbess, troubadour and investigator hatched a plan to capture the Killer. The Killer was revealed to be Sister Anna, who had faked her own death. When told this, he expressed disbelief. Afterwards, he remained at the abbey, where Sister Cecilia possibly joined him as a guitarist.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Works[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 12 October 2020 (Update):
- The dialogue that plays when speaking to NPCs during challenge scrolls has been removed (the dialogue will still play the first time you speak to an NPC during a challenge scroll).
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Players can now either 'listen-to' or 'talk-to' Valerio as part of the Medium Treasure Trails clue scroll to progress, previously only the 'listen-to' option progressed the clue.
- patch 9 October 2012 (Update):
- Valerio no longer has his listen and talk to options the wrong way round.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is voiced by the British actor Richard Laing.
- He can be found playing music during the Heist minigame if on the Al Kharid map.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I knew Anna, many years ago. She was a dancing girl, part of the troupe that I joined when I was first a troubadour."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "Then when we met that travelling preacher, and she caught religion, she threw her whole body and soul into that as well."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I met her when she came down to Al Kharid to buy supplies. We started writing to one another, hiding letters with boxes of food. I came up to see her last night. There was a hole in the kitchen wall that she used to smuggle me in."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "*Sigh*...I thought that was over. A few months ago, Sister Anna brought me a stack of letters she'd found in Sister Elena's room. She was furious. Sister Anna wanted to expel Sister Elena, but I decided to give her a second chance. She appeared contrite. As long as she stopped seeing Valerio, I said she could stay in the abbey."
- ^ Valerio, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "One of the sisters here, Sister Anna, she passed away recently. I knew her before she joined the abbey, so I've come to pay my respects."
- ^ Abbess Benita, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I don't know what he's doing here. I haven't allowed him into the abbey. The sisters are arranging Sister Anna's funeral. The last thing we need is a secular musician tempting them away from their duties."
- ^ Sister Cecilia, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "I'm aware he's there. I think the abbess was right to forbid him from coming inside."
- ^ Sister Catherina, "One Piercing Note", RuneScape. "It's so exciting that he's come to visit us! I saw him smiling at me when I was outside waiting for you. I kind of wish I could go out and dance - I used to like dancing - but I'm in the order now and dancing isn't allowed."