|Puzzle box (hard)|
|Release||5 May 2004 (Update)|
|High alch||60 coins|
|Low alch||40 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|I need to solve this!|
|Item ID||2795, 3567, 3571, 13011, 13023, 13031|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A puzzle box is an item occasionally received during a hard or elite Treasure Trail. Players need to complete the puzzle in order to receive their next clue. They are similar to the real world sliding puzzle.
Puzzle boxes contain a scrambled image that players must work to unscramble by clicking on tiles to move them to an empty space. Once the puzzle box is completed, players need to talk to the NPC who gave them puzzle to receive the next clue or the reward. In elite trails, solving the puzzle automatically presents the player with the next clue or the reward upon closing the window. Destroying a puzzle box does not reset the progress, and is restored upon re-obtaining the box.
Puzzle boxes have a 'hint' in the bottom left hand corner that shows the player the image of the completed puzzle.
Clue scrolls puzzle boxes[edit | edit source]
Following is a list of all known puzzle boxes. The completed puzzle also can be viewed by hovering on the Hint icon at the bottom left of the screen. When finished, simply close the box; if on a hard clue, speak with the NPC who gave you the box.
|Pharaoh||Sword of Edicts|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Altered the names of Clue Scroll related 'puzzle' items to make them easier to find in the Bank.
- ninja 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Sliding puzzle boxes can no longer consume multiple puzzle-skipping tickets when the puzzle has been completed.
- patch 26 February 2018 (Update):.
- Drop options have been replaced with destroy options for all caskets, clue scrolls, challenge scrolls, scroll boxes, puzzle boxes and keys. Where applicable, the destroy message will indicate where to reclaim the item; however, in most cases the item cannot be reclaimed.
- The number of clue scroll slider puzzle scrambles has been reduced to improve solving times. This follows the 12th February update to slider puzzles.
- New sliding puzzle images have been added to some of the hard and elite Treasure Trail puzzle boxes and puzzle caskets. For hard puzzles, the new images have replaced some of the old repeated images, but the old images have not been removed.
- ninja 12 February 2018 (Update):
- Slider puzzles have been updated to be much more responsive to control.
- A 'check' button has been added to the slider puzzle interface to indicate which tiles are incorrectly placed.
- It is now possible to invert the keyboard controls on a puzzle box using a checkbox on the interface.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- Players that suffer with arachnophobia will now have the option to flip the Araxxor puzzles.
- patch 29 March 2016 (Update):
- Animated puzzle boxes now scramble upon initially opening the puzzle box much more consistently.
- patch 12 March 2018 (Update):
- Exiting chat with an NPC after showing them a complete puzzlebox no longer re-shuffles the puzzlebox.