Peer the Seer is a precognate Fremennik seer and member of the council of elders found just south of Rellekka market. He places value on wisdom and intelligence, which he claims are different from knowledge. He can see into the nearby future, but often is too busy to provide predictions such as weather reports, though he can provide predictions if asked by a member of the Fremennik clan. These predictions tend to be rather vague, such as predicting favourable colours to wear or weapons to use. Despite his ability as a seer, he is not a warrior, and as such sometimes requires the services of a bodyguard. During an outlander's trial to join the Fremennik, they managed to secure the aid of Thorvald the Warrior, the greatest warrior of the Fremennik, much to Peer's surprise and joy. He gladly provided them with a weather forecast for their services. He disagrees with the use of magic, and favours what little magic he uses himself to simple tasks such as banking items. He will act as a bank deposit box to those who complete the easy Fremennik Province Tasks.
As a member of the council, he can vouch for new members of the clan. He provides a simple trial which tests puzzle solving abilities. The trial itself consists of a riddle and a room containing various items which must be used to obtain the key to the door.
He felt the effects when Bilrach sacrificed the last Chelon-Mah, unleashing the strange power.
Peer predicted the return of the Fremennik hero-god V, and commissioned a sailor named Alfrick to commemorate the event. During the setup of the event, Peer recommended simple water- and air-based spells as opposed to anything developed by the Moon Clan, as those were the types of spells that V first taught the Fremennik people.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 9 August 2011 (Update):
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Peer the Seer has better checks when depositing items in your bank and now deals with noted items.
- ^ Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "As a Seer to the clan, I value intelligence very highly, so you may think of it as an intelligence test of sorts."
- ^ a b Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "But that is because people often confuse knowledge with wisdom. My puzzle tests not what you know, but what you can work out."
- ^ Swensen the Navigator, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "As a navigator, the weather is extremely important for plotting the best course. Unfortunately the Seer is always too busy to help me with a forecast."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "Ah, so you would like a prediction? I do not see that that would be difficult... wait a moment..."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "I require a bodyguard for protection. Find someone willing to offer me this service."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "You have not only persuaded one of the Fremennik to act as a servant to me, but you have enlisted the aid of mighty Thorvald himself??? You may take this forecast with my blessing outerlander. You have offered me the greatest security I can imagine."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "Hero's Welcome", RuneScape. "I disagree with the use of magic, but just denying the Moon Clan a part in the ceremony would be unfair."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "I can store all the weapons, armour and items that you have upon you directly into your bank account. This will tax what little magic I possess however, so you will have to travel to the bank to withdraw them again."
- ^ Bilrach, "Dishonour among Thieves", RuneScape. "I returned to Gielinor with the once-great Chelon-Mah captive. The strange power you speak of was triggered when I slew him upon my ritual stone."
- ^ Alfrick the Planner, "Hero's Welcome", RuneScape. "I am Alfrick. Once just Alfrick the Sailor, now Alfrick the Planner. Peer the Seer foresaw that I would be instrumental in the return of V, so I have been tasked with setting up this celebration."
- ^ Peer the Seer, "Hero's Welcome", RuneScape. "However he was, in the beginning, interested only in simple magic's [sic] to aid our people. As a seafaring and nomadic race, the first spells he taught were to do with air and water. I am sure he would prefer a simple display of these older magics than something the Moon Clan have developed since then."