This article is about the one found on the island of Miscellania
. For other fishermen, see Fisherman
Fisherman Frodi is a citizen of Miscellania, located on the docks. During Throne of Miscellania, players need to gain his support; after the quest, players can help him, by catching fish for him, to gain favour. Each fish caught is instantly given to him without the need for the player to stop fishing or move (No open inventory slots are needed). The only exception are big swordfishes, which the player will keep. Fisherman Frodi is one of four residents whom players can assist to gain favour; the other three citizens players can assist are Gardener Gunnhild, Lumberjack Leif, and Miner Magnus.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 17 November 2009 (Update):
- Frodi's shadow is now at the right height (i.e. floor height)
- You can no longer stand on the same square as Frodi.
- When a player catches a big swordfish, the player tells him, "Sorry Frodi, I am keeping this one for myself", which Frodi replies, "Magnificent catch!"
- If players fish for Fisherman Frodi with a familiar such as an Ibis, the familiar will still produce fish for them.
- Frodi shares a similar name with 'Fróði', the name of a number of legendary Danish kings in Norse mythology, which is what this part of the RuneScape world is based around.