|Release||29 November 2004 (Update)|
|Teleports||Sailor at Rellekka|
Fairy ring CIP
Miscellania teleport scroll
Ring of Wealth
Ring of Fortune
Luck of the Dwarves
Hazelmere's signet ring
|doc • Talk page|
Miscellania is a small island off the northernmost part of the Fremennik Isles. Completion of The Fremennik Trials is required to access the island, and after completion of Throne of Miscellania inhabitants will consider the player Prince or Princess Regent, and work for them if their popularity is high.
While talking to local inhabitants, players will be always referred to by their Fremennik name.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The ring of Wealth or higher tier luck rings can be used to teleport next to Advisor Ghrim, which is useful for those who do Miscellania Management, but requires completion of Throne of Miscellania.
- A Miscellania teleport scroll can be used to teleport to the square of Miscellania. They can be bought from the Grand Exchange or obtained from clue scrolls. These scrolls can only be used upon completion of The Fremennik Trials.
- There is a boat run by the Sailor on the second westernmost dock in Rellekka which can be used to travel to Miscellania but requires completion of The Fremennik Trials to use.
- Fairy ring code CIP will teleport players west of the mine on Miscellania. The code only works on completion of The Fremennik Trials, otherwise the rings treat the code as unrecognised and teleport you just a few spaces from the main ring.
- The Fremennik Province lodestone (Alt+F while interface is open) is just east of Rellekka. A side entrance to Rellekka is available north-west of the lodestone, along the south fence of the mine.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Managing Miscellania[edit | edit source]
Managing Miscellania is a repeatable reward from the Throne of Miscellania quest in which the player is the regent of the nation Miscellania. The player is in charge of the subjects on the island by assigning them to collect resources. If a high approval with the citizens is maintained, and a considerable number of coins invested, the subjects will share a portion of their collected resources with the player. Because many of these resources are valuable, this quest reward is considered to be highly profitable. Approval drops 1% every day the kingdom is left unattended but will not drop below 25%, though committing crimes such as theft or crime will decrease approval faster and is the only way to decrease it below 25%. Murder decreases approval by 5%.
Market Stalls[edit | edit source]
In the courtyard of the Miscellanian castle are market areas which include fish and vegetable stalls where you may practice Thieving. At level 2 Thieving, you may steal cabbages, garlic, onions, potatoes, or tomatoes from the vegetable stalls. With level 42 Thieving you can pilfer raw salmon, tuna or lobster.
If you are caught stealing, you cannot buy anything from the stalls for about 48 hours instead of the usual 15 minutes.
Greengrocer store[edit | edit source]
The Greengrocer of Miscellania sells vegetables for a small price. It can be stolen from with level 2 Thieving.
Fishmonger[edit | edit source]
The Island Fishmonger sells fish for a price. It can be stolen from with level 42 Thieving.
Flowers[edit | edit source]
A flower girl in the Miscellanian market sells coloured flowers for 15 coins each. She sells the red/blue/yellow flower combination; no other colours are available. Flowers are used during the Throne of Miscellania quest.
Patch[edit | edit source]
There is a flax patch, but this is only used in Kingdom management; players cannot grow crops here.
Miscellania Dungeon[edit | edit source]
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- Etcetera - when arriving
- Miscellania - Miscellania
- Meddling Kids - unlocked during Royal Trouble
- Slither and Thither - sea snake cave below Miscellania
- Land Down Under - when you enter the Miscellania dungeon during Royal Trouble
- Corridors of Power - after repairing the scaffold and entering the tunnel in Miscellania Dungeon during Royal Trouble
Quests[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 June 2020 (Update):
- patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- Can now chop down trees in Miscellania whilst having the Dwarven chainaxe in the players inventory.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Players can now mine coal rocks in Miscellania for approval rating with a full inventory.
- ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
- The Kingdom of Miscellania will now provide additional resources at midnight game time instead of 24 hours since your last collection.
- The amount of money stored in the Kingdom of Miscellania coffers is now displayed in the on screen the overlay.
- ninja 15 May 2017 (Update):
- The time since you last collected resources has been added to the Miscellania kingdom overlay.
- hotfix 12 September 2016 (Update):
- Players can now continue mining when failing to gather a piece of ore on Miscellania.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- A 'water' option has been added to the dry patch in Miscellania, allowing entry to the patch after storing a magic watering can in the tool belt.
- ninja 1 December 2014 (Update):
- There is now an overlay that shows approval rating when on Miscellania.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- A mirror above a Miscellanian fireplace no longer glows too brightly with bloom on.
- ninja 27 January 2014 (Update):
- The NPCs in Miscellania now have a handy right-click "Get approval" option.
- patch 3 July 2012 (Update):
- Trees in Miscellania now have their canopies removed after being cut down.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- The bridge supports no longer conflict with the water.
- A Farming patch now resets correctly.
- There is now a chance for your subjects to find raven eggs in birds’ nests on Miscellania.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- An issue regarding the "remove roofs" option near Miscellania Castle has been fixed.
- patch 23 September 2009 (Update):
- Fixed various animation issues when undertaking tasks on Miscellania and optimised the code at the same time.
- patch 8 April 2009 (Update):
- When travelling from Rellekka to Miscellania or vice versa, the travel map should now properly fit your game window.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The Miscellania NPCs have had their woodcutting animations updated and improved.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Miscellania is based on the word "miscellaneous".
- Many of the people who live on Miscellania and Etceteria have names of Norse origin, such as Einar, Ragnvald and Ingrid.
- On 4 August 2010 some users started to receive huge amounts of supplies from Miscellania. People received around one thousand of each herb, one thousand nests and 102,000 maples with a value of 70M. After the glitch was discovered, Jagex stopped users from accessing their kingdom before it was fixed.
- Even though you can't collect the items you raise your popularity with, you can obtain strange rocks.
- The maple trees here have the old sound effect when cut down.
- Along with many other places, Miscellania received a graphical update on 20 March 2012, that included newer tree and ground textures.
|Part 3 of the Fremennik quest series|
|Part 4 of the Fremennik quest series|