"Leif" redirects here. For the ghost in Daemonheim, see Poltergeist
Lumberjack Leif can be found cutting maple logs to the east of the Miscellanian castle and south of the coal mine. He collects maple logs from you whenever you cut them there. You need to gain his support during Throne of Miscellania. After the quest's completion, you get 0.5% popularity for every maple log you cut there, or more if the Fremennik Hard Tasks are complete. Lumberjack Leif is one of four residents whom you can assist to gain favour; the other three are Gardener Gunnhild, Miner Magnus, and Fisherman Frodi.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Lumberjack Leif has learned the modern way to cut maple logs from a tree.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- Lumberjack Leif now wields an updated steel hatchet.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The Miscellania NPCs have had their woodcutting animations updated and improved.
- His examine reference, "He's a lumberjack, and he's okay.", is a reference to The Lumberjack Song by Monty Python.
- Both the sound effect that plays and the woodcutting animation when Lumberjack Leif is cutting the tree seems to be much slower than a regular player's.
- When cutting trees for him, you receive only a fraction of an experience point per tree cut.
- When you try to cut the same maple tree as him, it says, "Lumberjack Leif is already cutting that down."