This article is about the bard in Rellekka. For the navigator in the northern Fremennik Province, see Olaf Hradson
Olaf the Bard is a wandering Fremennik bard in Rellekka, found just east of the Rellekka Long Hall Bar, and acts as the clan's official bard. He is a member of the council of elders, a position he earned as one of Rellekka's greatest musicians. However, his opinion about his musical abilities is not universally shared among the Fremennik. He collects tales of the Fremennik people, such as the Runecrafting Crusades and V's battle against a giant basilisk, placing a positive spin on his people's actions.
Due to his wandering nature, he often wears out his shoes, causing him discomfort. However, he does not ask Yrsa for a new pair out of pride. He can be persuaded to compose a love ballad in exchange for a pair of sturdy boots.
As a member of the council, he can vouch for outlanders doing their trials to join the Fremennik clan. He requests they prove their musical abilities in the Fremennik way, by obtaining a lyre, created from the wood of a swaying tree and strung with golden wool, then enchanted by making an offering to the Fossegrimen. He then watches their performance and judges them. However, his judgement is not universally agreed upon.
He was present at the Heimland Games, where he mentioned that "the Wolf" had been terrorising Rellekka and had actually killed one of his family members.
When the wizards sued the Fremennik people for the destruction of the Mage Training Arena during the Runecrafting Crusades, Olaf acted as a witness, recalling the barbarians' role in the crusades.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- Olaf is a name of Scandinavian origin, meaning 'ancestor'.
- ^ Olaf the Bard, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "Well, as official Fremennik bard, it falls within my remit to compose all music for the tribe. I am fully versed in all the various types of romantic music."
- ^ Olaf the Bard, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "Why, indeed I am, outerlander! My talents as an exemplary musician made it difficult for them not to accept me!"
- ^ Manni the Reveller, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "And to tell you the truth, the beer here isn't great, and the bards' music is lousy."
- ^ Longhall Bouncer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "I doubt you're worse than Olaf is."
- ^ Sailor, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "Oh. It's by Olaf? Hmm. Well, a deal's a deal. I just hope it's better than the usual rubbish he comes up with, or my chances are worse than ever."
- ^ Olaf the Bard, "Barbarians v. Wizards", RuneScape. "Good things came as a result, too. There was the exchange of ideas and goods, and the opening of communication between different peoples. Many of our people thrived in the lands of the outerlanders."
- ^ Olaf the Bard, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "It is these old worn out shoes of mine... As a bard I am expected to wander the lands, singing of the glorious battles of our warriors. If you can find me a pair of sturdy boots to replace these old worn out ones of mine[...]My feet get so tired roaming the land..."
- ^ Yrsa, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "Oh, that foolish bard... Why didn't he just ask me to make him some? It is his stupid pride, I believe!"
- ^ Olaf the Bard, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "You are one of the greatest bards I have ever had the pleasure of watching performing!"
- ^ Longhall bouncer, "The Fremennik Trials", RuneScape. "I've been paid good money to keep you off stage"