|Please add an image!|
|Release date||9 November 2009 (Update)|
|Quest req.||33 Quest points|
|Examine||He's carrying a banner showing victory over (<number> champions/the <monster> Champion).|
|NPC ID||8995, 8996, 8997, 8998, 8999, 9002, 9003, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9008, 9009, 9012, 9013, 9014, 9015, 9016, 9017, 9018, 9019, 9022, 9023, 9024, 9025, 9026, 9027, 9028, 9029, 9032, 9033|
|Links||MRID MRND8995 MRND8996 MRND8997 MRND8998 MRND8999 MRND9002 MRND9003 MRND9004 MRND9005 MRND9006 MRND9007 MRND9008 MRND9009 MRND9012 MRND9013 MRND9014 MRND9015 MRND9016 MRND9017 MRND9018 MRND9019 MRND9022 MRND9023 MRND9024 MRND9025 MRND9026 MRND9027 MRND9028 MRND9029 MRND9032 MRND9033|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The banner carrier is an imp holding a banner, which the player can summon with calling beads. In order to get these beads, one must defeat a formal champion in the Champion's Challenge Distraction and Diversion at the Champions' Guild.
The banner shows either an image of a champion that the player has defeated, or the number of champions that the player has defeated in roman numerals. The banner carrier's examine text changes depending on what banner he is wielding. Players may change the banner displayed simply by talking to him. It is important to note that even though banner carriers are pets, they do not appear on the Familiar tab and Interact is not possible via Familiar Options. As such, players can only interact with them by clicking on the carrier if Hide familiar options is unchecked.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If the player calls the banner carrier, a leprechaun's face appears on the banner for a split second. This is probably a glitch.
- There was a bug where if the player faced the Grand Exchange booth and summoned the imp, he would appear inside the booth with the bankers and Grand Exchange clerks. He could not move unless the player moved away far enough so that he would reappear next to the player. This has been fixed.
- When the player asks the banner carrier whether he is getting tired of carrying a banner around, the banner carrier tells the player that another imp replaces him when he's tired, and that the player didn't notice the last time he got replaced.
- Snow imps had the same chathead as the banner carriers (in different colours), but theirs was updated with the 2009 Christmas Event. The banner carriers still have the old chathead.
- Banner carriers are one of four permanent imps that can be spoken with, along with Zimberfizz, the imps contained in magic boxes and the snow imps found in the Land of Snows. Other imps such as the Imp (2015 Easter event) were only temporary.
- The Banner Carrier is a lighter shade of red than normal imps.
- The Leprechaun Champion used to give calling beads and the possible banners included him. However, sometime after he stopped giving them as the match was informal with no scroll required.
|Champions of Champions|