|Release||12 December 2005 (Update)|
|Champion of the hobgoblins.|
|Equipment XP (2H/MH & Armour/OH)|
|4 / 3 / 1|
5 ticks (3.0s)
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
The Hobgoblin Champion is one of the 16 champions fought as part of the Champion's Challenge Distraction and Diversion. Like the other champions, he may be fought beneath the Champions' Guild but only after a player finds a Hobgoblin champion scroll, which is a very rare drop from hobgoblins. After being the defeated the first time, he may be fought again weekly for additional Slayer and Constitution experience.
Like the other champions, there is a special restriction during the fight with him; in his case, melee attacks are prohibited, making ranged or magic weapons a necessity to damage him. He attacks with a javelin and is capable of using a special attack to drain a player's Defence level.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 997 experience
- 997 experience
- A new banner hung under the Champions' Guild to celebrate victory
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Hobgoblins around the world have had their models updated to match the God Wars dungeon hobgoblins.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Hobgoblin Champion used to look like the Hobgoblin from the FunOrb game Armies of Gielinor.
- The Hobgoblin Champion, like many other champions, is not the strongest of its race, that title being given to the Hobgoblin Geomancer.
- The Hobgoblin Champion's special attack has the same sound effect as the old sound effect which played when the player's prayer points depleted completely when unsuccessful. If successful, it sounds like the old Weaken sound effect and is visually a red version of it.
|Champions of Champions|