The Zamorakian butcher demon is a powerful demon that has a 25% chance of spawning in place of a regular troop during the Battle of Lumbridge. There initially couldn't be more than one in the battle at any time, but due to a glitch, multiple Zamorakian butcher demons occasionally spawned. Like all special units, they do not retaliate against players unless they are not currently under attack or are attacking any other target. They drop 3 times the amount of tears as the player's multiplier. After an update killing this demon does give combat experience.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 25 September 2013 (Update):
- Saradominist prideleaders and Zamorakian butcher demons now give combat XP when killed.
- During the voting, it is stated that Zamorakian butcher demons deal 200% more damage than normal units, have 200% more life points and have an AoE stun attack against other players. However, they actually have 750% more health (before the normal units have their health reduced upon being attacked by players), deal only comparable damage, and have not been observed to stun players.
- They could stun Saradominist sentries, who are normally unattackable.
- When attacked by multiple Saradominist units, butcher demons may walk back and forth between targets.
- The Zamorakian butcher demon is more than twice the size of its comrade, the Zamorakian champion, making the title "champion" in this regard seem as nothing more than a simple cosmetic attribute.
Concept art of Zamorakian butcher demon.