|Release date||22 February 2021 (Update)|
|Examine||Sir Vey Lance's true form.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
History[edit | edit source]
Early history[edit | edit source]
During the height of the Zarosian Empire, Veilinius commanded the Order of the Temple of Zaros. In the empire's waning days, at around 1650 III, he was tasked with infiltrating the Saradominist faction by Duke Sucellus as part of a plan to steal the Elder Crown from Saradomin. He pretended to convert to Saradomin, aiding in the imprisonment of Nex to clear any doubts about his new loyalties. This led to the founding of the Saradominist Temple Knights. Veilinius stayed in Saradominist service aiding the Saradominist cause however he could, while awaiting for further instructions. Duke Sucellus was killed approximately a century after Veilinius's mission began and with the dwindling Zarosian power, he spent the next five millenia continuing serving Saradomin, though not wavering in his faith to Zaros.
During the Fifth Age Veilinius went under the guise as the elusive Sir Vey Lance, the current head of the Temple Knights, and still awaited further orders from his superiors. He allowed Sir Tiffy Cashien to recruit the player as a Temple Knight initiate, and let them undertake various important assignments.
Final preparations[edit | edit source]
The orders would not come until about 5,000 years after taking position as the head of the Temple Knights. Veilinius made sure that most members of the Temple Knights were devotees of Zaros, despite the organisation's ties to Saradomin. He was met by Sir Owen and Trindine, revealing himself to be a demon before the former, to his shock. When Sir Owen threatened to expose him, Trindine knocked him out rather than killing him, prompting the demon to ask if she had gotten soft. They left Owen alive and proceeded with the plan to steal the Crown Archival from Saradomin.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Veilinius claims to be responsible for filling Asgarnian lineages with puns during his millenia long wait, explaining why the majority of the White Knights' names are puns.
- He was originally going to have a Cockney accent, but this was ultimately decided against.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Veilinius, "Azzanadra's Quest", RuneScape. "Let's cast our minds back to about five thousand years in the past. One happens to find oneself in command of the Order of the Temple of Zaros, but things aren't going so well for our chaps. [...] Bleeding savages are running rampant all over the empire. The whole place is in an absolute bloody shambles. [...] Saradomin is doing about the best and old Sucellus reckons it's on account of his crown. So he comes to me and he tells me to take the entire order of knights on a deep cover operation. Reckons if we can pinch the crown that'll put the Zarosians back on top again."
- ^ Veilinius, "Azzanadra's Quest", RuneScape. "So our part of the plan, of course, goes off without a hitch. Absolutely smashing job. Obviously Saradomin is suspicious at first, but Zarosians are converting all over the empire and after we take out the Angel of Death our loyalty and usefulness are beyond question."
- ^ Veilinius, "Azzanadra's Quest", RuneScape. "Only problem is, Sucellus gets nobbled long before he has a chance to actually pull off the heist. Now here I am, stuck with my pseudopodia swinging in the wind with no orders and no direction. Saradomin doesn't take long conquering the whole continent, and my last orders were to help where I can, so that's what I do."
- ^ Mod Jack. RSBANDBUpdate! 819 – The World Guardian’s Path. "He didn't originally talk like that. In my first draft of the dialogue, he was a Cockney. And Mod Raven didn't like it, he thought it detracted a little bit and it wasn't quite the right voice for him."*