Avaryss, the Unceasing is an Avernic demon and one of the generals of Zamorak's army in The Heart. Along with Nymora, the Vengeful, she is one of the Twin Furies which players may battle once they have level 80 Ranged; however, boosts may be used to meet this requirement.
During the God Wars, she and her sisters hunted and killed those who broke their oaths with Zamorak. After Zamorak returned, they led a pack of hellhounds to hunt down the remaining Dragon Riders loyal to Zaros, eventually finding Morvannon and tearing her apart, even though she had changed sides. Satisfied with their work, they continued their services to Zamorak, although they would eventually learn many years later that Morvannon may have had an egg, despite the common belief that the Illujanka were infertile.
At some point after the God Wars, Avaryss' and Nymora's sister was killed by Gregorovic. The duo continued their service for Zamorak, while searching for Gregorovic at the same time so they could exact their revenge.
When Zamorak returned to Gielinor in the Sixth Age he pointed out that it was possible that Morvannon's dragon Gorvek could have escaped with an egg. Though the sisters desired revenge on Gregorovic for their sister's murder, Zamorak refused to let them do so until they had eliminated the Ilujanka child. This eventually led them to The Heart where they met both Gregorovic and the Dragon Rider Vindicta, who had survived their genocide millennia ago.
Avaryss yells at Helwyr after the latter attempts to have his revenge on Gregorovic for killing his clansmen, stating that she and Nymora will get their revenge on him for killing their sister. After a short but heated discussion, the two call upon the forces of Zamorak to claim the Heart in his name.
Obtaining all of the Twin Furies unique drops will unlock the title, [Name] the Lone Fury.
At 0% reputation each kill is worth 51,420.07 coins in uniques alone, if the player has 100% reputation this number increases to 102,840.14 coins.
|Drakolith stone spirit (m)||15–25||Common||5,595-9,325||Not alchemisable|
|Orichalcite stone spirit (m)||15–25||Common||3,645-6,075||Not alchemisable|
|Phasmatite stone spirit (m)||15–25||Uncommon||8,220-13,700||Not alchemisable|
|Necrite stone spirit (m)||15–25||Uncommon||73,815-123,025||Not alchemisable|
|Uncut diamond||18–22 (noted)||Common||129,978-158,862||2,160-2,640|
|Uncut dragonstone (m)||8–12 (noted)||Uncommon||100,248-150,372||4,800-7,200|
|Grimy dwarf weed (m)||14–25 (noted)||Common||144,956-258,850||0|
|Magic logs||150–250 (noted)||Uncommon||58,050-96,750||28,800-48,000|
|Raw shark (m)||45–55 (noted)||Common||89,910-109,890||8,100-9,900|
|Dormant Anima Core helm (m)||1||Varies||116,990||120,000|
|Dormant Anima Core body (m)||1||Varies||118,738||120,000|
|Dormant Anima Core legs (m)||1||Varies||118,222||120,000|
|Blade of Avaryss (m)||1||Rare||5,197,424||78,000|
|Blade of Nymora (m)||1||Rare||5,187,785||78,000|
|Crest of Zamorak (m)||1||Rare||14,842,311||60,000|
|Zamorakian essence (m)||1||Rare||274,889||60,000|
|Infernal ashes (m)||154–249 (noted)||Uncommon||312,466-505,221||154-249|
|Large bladed rune salvage||5–10 (noted)||Uncommon||152,985-305,970||160,000-320,000|
|Wine of Zamorak||18–22 (noted)||Uncommon||348,498-425,942||0|
- ^ 1–2 in normal mode; 3 in challenge mode, only if the player doesn't have maximum reputation with the Serenist, Sliskean and Zarosian factions.
- ^ a b c d e f Drop rate: 1/512 at 0% drop enhance.
- ^ a b c d e f g The drop rate of this item can be increased with faction reputation. At 100% drop increase, the drop rate of this item is doubled. The drop rate of this item is increased in challenge mode. The drop rate of this item has its denominator multiplied by 0.99 when wearing a Luck of the Dwarves ring.
- ^ a b c d e f g Mod Timbo. "Revealing Drop Rates." 13 October 2017. Developers' Blogs.
- ^ Drop rate: 1/128 at 0% drop enhance.
- ^ Drops for the player who dealt the most damage. Drops in practice mode.
- ^ a b Has a base drop rate of 1/2,000 (normal mode) or 1/1,000 chance (challenge mode), with a threshold of 400. This is not affected by the increased drop chance reward from reputation.
- ^ a b One roll for each pet per kill of the boss.
Concept art of Avaryss (right)
Avaryss wearing a santa hat at Christmas.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- Luminite stone spirits have been replaced by orichalcite and drakolith stone spirits.
- ninja 10 June 2019 (Update):.
- The frequency of Necrite and Phasmatite stone spirit drops has been reduced across all God Wars Dungeon 2 bosses.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Instead of Runite Stone Spirits, will now drop either Necrite Stone Spirits or Phasmatite Stone Spirits.
- Instead of Coal Stone Spirits, will now drop Luminite Stone Spirits.
- Her name is a play on the word "avarice".
- Prior to a patch on 4 April 2016, players were able to receive duplicate drops of the same pet if they did not own both Ava and Nylessa pets. E.g. Avaryss' braid could be dropped multiple times after the user unlocked the pet, but before they have unlocked Nylessa pet.
- Prior to 18 April 2016, killing both the Twin Furies only granted 1 message for the Adventurer's Log. They now both have a separate message.
- Despite not being immune to poison, poison hitsplats do not damage Avaryss.
- Despite possessing a total health pool of 200,000 (the same as the other generals apart from Telos), Avaryss, along with her sister have an individual health pool of 250,000 in normal mode, or 350,000 in challenge mode.