The Kal'gerion demon is a combat level 126 Summoning familiar. The familiar gives the player a passive +1% forced critical strike chance. The familiar is an optimal choice for those using the Fractured Staff of Armadyl's special attack due to the critical bonuses it provides.
In order to understand its dialogue, the player's Summoning level must be boosted to 100.
Binding contract (Kal gerion demon)[edit | edit source]
A Binding contract (kal'gerion demon) is obtained via Archaeology.
In order to make the Ancient Summoning pouch, the mystery Dagon Bye must be completed. Once this mystery is solved, players may begin creating binding contracts, requiring 1 blue charm, a normal pouch, 2 bloods of Orcus, 2 hellfire metals, and 200 spirit shards.
Upon making the binding contract, players must then kill Kal'gerion demons with the contract in the inventory in order to bind the Kal'gerion demon into the contract, resulting in a binding contract (kal'gerion demon). Unlike normal Summoning, Ancient Summoning does not require use of summoning obelisks to infuse pouches.
Kal'gerion Demon scroll (Crit-i-Kal)[edit | edit source]
The Kal'gerion Demon scroll (Crit-i-Kal) temporarily gives the player, familiar, and other players within the 7x7 area centred around the centre of the Kal'gerion demon familiar with the Kal'gerion roar buff, granting +5% critical hit chance for 60 seconds. The Kal'gerion Demon scroll (Crit-i-Kal) use 30 special attack points each. Ironmen cannot benefit from other players' Kal'gerion roar buff.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 January 2022 (Update):
- Bugfix: Kalgerion's attack speed was incorrect given its damage rating, we've updated it to use the intended attack speed: Attack speed increased from 4.8 seconds to 2.4 seconds.
- Crit-i-cal Scroll effect duration increased from 15 seconds to 60 seconds.
- New familiar passive: gives 1% critical strike chance to players using a Kal'gerion familiar.
- ninja 17 January 2022 (Update):
- Prevented the ability to set an auto-fire rate for the Kal'gerion demon familiar's special attack, as it couldn't actually be auto-fired to begin with.
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- The Kalgerion Demon's Crit-i-Kal scrolls will now hunt for nearby players all around the familiar, rather than only in the south-west corner of its footprint.
- patch 22 June 2020 (Update):
- The special move of the Kal'gerion demon summon now lasts 15 seconds, up from 9.6 seconds.
- patch 18 May 2020 (Update):
- Overall size reduced, new dialogue added.
- 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Players can now renew an ancient familiar's timer by sacrificing a binding contract, just as they would with a pouch for a normal summoning familiar.
- On release, one of the demon's conversations is a reference to its own large size and the large sizes of Shadow Drakes and Fire Drake, all of which may obscure the screens of other players. It also references various player complaints about the drakes' sizes and their requests to make them smaller.
- This was modified on 18 May 2020 due to player complaints of how large the demons were, the demon now referencing its previous size in the current conversation.
- Prior to an unknown update, players who attempted to use the Kal'gerion Demon scroll (Crit-i-Kal) ability while scrolls were held within the kal'gerion demon would have stated that there were no scrolls to be used, and none would be consumed. The scrolls' worked as intended when they were present in the players' inventory.