The Kal'gerion demon is a familiar level 126 combat familiar.
In order to understand its dialogue, the player's Summoning level must be boosted to 100.
Binding contract (Kal gerion demon)[edit | edit source]
A Binding contract (Kal'gerion demon) is obtained via Archaeology.
In order to make the Ancient Summoning pouch, the mystery Dagon Bye must be completed. Once this mystery is solved, players may begin creating binding contracts, requiring 1 blue charm, a normal pouch, 2 Bloods of Orcus, 2 hellfire metals, and 200 spirit shards.
Upon making the binding contract, players must then kill Kal'gerion demons in order to bind the Kal'gerion demon into the contract resulting in binding contract (kal'gerion demon). Unlike normal Summoning, Ancient Summoning does not require use of Summoning obelisk to infuse pouches.
Crit-i-Kal scrolls will temporarily provide the player, the familiar, and other nearby players with a +5% critical strike buff for 15 seconds. The buff acts in a 7x7 square centred on the south west corner of the familiar. Crit-i-Kal scrolls use 30 special attack points each.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 22 June 2020 (Update):
- The special move of the Kal'gerion demon summon now lasts 15 seconds, up from 9.6 seconds.
- patch 18 May 2020 (Update):
- Overall size reduced, new dialogue added.
- 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Players can now renew an ancient familiar's timer by sacrificing a binding contract, just as they would with a pouch for a normal summoning familiar.
- On release, one of the demon's conversations is a reference to its own large size and the large sizes of Shadow Drakes and Fire Drake, all of which may obscure the screens of other players. It also references various player complaints about the drakes' sizes and their requests to make them smaller.
- This was modified on 18 May 2020 due to player complaints of how large the demons were, the demon now referencing its previous size in the current conversation.