|Release||30 March 2020 (Update)|
|Abilities||Grants a 5% chance while training Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, Divination or Archaeology to duplicate the gained resource and store it within itself.|
|Special moves||Straight Flush|
|Examine||A fiendish embodiment of water.|
|Life points||Max hit|
|Immune to poison||Yes|
|Attack speed||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The waterfiend is a familiar that grants a 5% chance while training Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting, Divination, and Archaeology to duplicate the gained resource and store it within itself. A short ping sound can be heard whenever this effect activates.
For Archaeology, the effect may duplicate any damaged artefacts excavated as well as items received when screening soil. The effect may occur when excavating at Material caches. Artefacts that have been duplicated do not count toward The Discoverer tiered achievement.
If using the Divine-o-Matic to siphon all energy and memories or Crystallise, the familiar will have no effect.
The familiar can carry up to 20 items. These items can only be taken from the familiar's inventory; items cannot be added to its inventory as it is not a Beast of Burden. When the familiar vanishes, all the items stored within will be dropped on the ground under it, with the exception of damaged artefacts which will be destroyed and cannot be reclaimed.
Binding contract (waterfiend)[edit | edit source]
A Binding contract (waterfiend) is obtained via Archaeology.
|200 ( 5,000)||1074.1
|2 Hellfire metal, 2 Blood of Orcus|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||45,651||140 (3,500)||57|
|I can summon a waterfiend familiar with this.|
In order to make the Ancient Summoning pouch, the mystery Dagon Bye must be completed. Once this mystery is solved, players may begin creating binding contracts, requiring 1 blue charm, a normal pouch, 2 Bloods of Orcus, 2 hellfire metals, and 200 spirit shards.
Upon making the binding contract, players must then kill waterfiends in order to bind the waterfiend to the contract, resulting in a binding contract (waterfiend). Unlike normal Summoning, Ancient Summoning does not require use of Summoning obelisks to infuse pouches. Note that the mystery Dagon Bye must be completed and the player must have level 50 Slayer in order to bind the Waterfiend to the contract.
Waterfiend scroll (Straight Flush)[edit | edit source]
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||Unknown edit||Unknown edit|
|A scroll for a waterfiend familiar.|
Waterfiend scroll (Straight Flush)s allow one to teleport all items stored within the familiar's inventory to the bank (note that this means it does not deposit items to the material storage container), at the cost of 6 special move points. If the bank is full or does not have space for a specific material or artefact, the item will remain in the familiar's inventory.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 14 Feb 2022 (Update):
- Waterfiend no longer disappears after activating its ability while fishing Wobbegongs.
- patch 7 February 2022 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where players could disconnect if they had a Waterfiend familiar summoned when using a magical Fishing spot in Deep Sea Fishing.
- patch 16 November 2020 (Update):
- Ancient waterfiend familiars now correctly generate additional items whilst mining, fishing and woodcutting with Sign of the Porter equipped.
- patch 27 April 2020 (Update):
- The message from all item-producing familiars (including the new waterfiend) now states which item they produced.
- hotfix 6 April 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that allowed the waterfiend familiar to be summoned for a longer duration than intended.
6 April 2020 (
- Players can now renew an ancient familiar's timer by sacrificing a binding contract, just as they would with a pouch for a normal summoning familiar.
- update 30 March 2020 (Update):
- Ancient Summoning was released with Archaeology.