Duke Sucellus was the commander of the Sixth Legion in the army of Zaros, and one of the twelve Chthonian dukes given to Zaros by Hostilius. In the damaged letter, he is referred to as Duke Sucellus, Father of Abominations and is noted as still alive during the time the letter was written.
Duke Sucellus appears in Children of Mah, during Kharshai's memories of the betrayal of Zaros. The duke seems more preoccupied with eating the citizens of Senntisten than anything else until Zamorak arrives with his allies, at which point the duke fights against Lowerniel Drakan. He survived the battle and lived for over another thousand years into the Third Age and acted leader in a slowly diminishing group of high-ranking Zarosians, but died to unknown means. Before his death, he devised a plan to infiltrate Saradominist organizations, which resulted in the Ordo Templis Zaros going undercover as Saradominist converts, eventually becoming the Temple Knights whilst remaining a Zarosian organization in secret, with the ultimate goal of stealing Saradomin's crown.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- Sucellus is the name of a Gallo-Roman god associated with agriculture and wine.
- Sucellus features in Mod Jack's comic The Empty Throne as being present during Zamorak's betrayal. He is depicted as a large, tentacled creature with many eyeballs and mouths.
- He uses the same in-game model as Senecianus, another Chthonian demon.
- ^ Mod Rowley. "Ancient Combat FAQ." 28 May 2014. Recent Game Updates Forums. Lost reference
- ^ Veilinius, "Azzanadra's Quest", RuneScape. "So grand old Duke Sucellus, who's running the whole show now there's no one else left, comes up with a plan, mm, and quite the plan it was. Saradomin is doing about the best and old Sucellus reckons it's on account of his crown. So he comes to me and he tells me to take the entire order of knights on a deep cover operation. Reckons if we can pinch the crown that'll put the Zarosians back on top again."