The charming imp is a pocket slot item that collects charms and spirit gems before they drop on the ground, putting them instantly in your inventory (or in a spirit gem bag, if one is held in the inventory). The item requires level 21 Summoning, 21 Dungeoneering and 100,000 Dungeoneering tokens to purchase. Getting the 100,000 tokens by training Dungeoneering will propel a player far beyond level 21 Dungeoneering, as exactly 1 million experience is required to get the 100,000 tokens. Unlike the weaponry, destroying this item does not refund any tokens. The imp will be lost if the player dies in the Wilderness and it is not one of the protected items.
Alternatively, similar to the bonecrusher automatically yielding Prayer experience and herbicide yielding Herblore experience, the charming imp can convert unwanted charms and spirit gems into Summoning experience if the player chooses the option.
The charming imp can be added to the tool belt if a player spends 500 slayer points to learn how at any slayer master. The configuration settings may still be changed by opening up the tool belt in this case.
For players with low Summoning levels, it is recommended to have the imp collect all charms (except special ones), since summoning pouches give plenty of experience compared to having the imp exchange it for low quantities of experience. Players with higher Summoning levels can have the imp convert gold and green charms into experience, as the majority of the experience gained at higher levels comes from crimson and blue charms. Crimson, blue and elder charms should never be converted for experience.
The interface that players can use to choose the charms and spirit gems that are destroyed when obtained as drops.
A player may right-click on the imp and select Configure, opening an interface for options on which charms and spirit gems the player chooses to have the imp automatically collect or convert to experience. The charming imp will not work on charms received through LootShare.
The imp will consume the selected charms or spirit gems, giving some Summoning experience in exchange, while putting unselected ones in the player's backpack.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- The charming imp can now place collected spirit gems directly into the spirit gem bag.
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- The charming imp can now collect or gather all variations of spirit gem when they are dropped as loot.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- It is no longer possible to buy duplicate Advance gold accumulators, Herbicides, Bonecrushers or Charming imps if you have them stored on your toolbelt.
- ninja 15 June 2015 (Update):
- The charming imp's chat has been tweaked slightly to avoid confusion.
- ninja 11 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can now toggle talon beast, obsidian and abyssal charms with their charming imp.
- ninja 8 December 2014 (Update):
- The left-click option on the charming imp is now 'Wear' as opposed to 'Talk-to'.
- patch 29 May 2013 (Update):
- The charming imp no longer refers to crimson charms as red charms.
- Upon release the charming imp called crimson charms 'red' charms. This was later fixed.
- His name is a pun, as he is well-dressed, polite, and associated with charms.
- When selecting the destroy option, the imp will say, "Don't send me away! I'm scared of the big wide world out there." before the confirmation screen shows.
- The charming imp's chathead has been glitched since the imp graphical update, displaying a regular imp chathead instead of the unique one with the top hat.
- At least level 73 Dungeoneering is required to obtain the tokens needed to buy the imp unless the tokens were obtained from outside sources.