|Release||31 May 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||6 coins|
|Low alch||4 coins|
|Nice bit of crafting!|
|Exchange||9,555 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The clockwork cat is made at a Crafting table 4 in the Workshop of a player-owned house, from a clockwork and a steel bar. The clockwork cat differs from the wooden cat, a quest item which can also be made in the workshop.
A Crafting level of 85 is needed to construct the cat, giving 15 experience points.
The cat may be "released" to follow players around like any regular cat. However, it can not be fed, catch rats, be petted, be spoken to or be used as a substitute for a real cat in quests. Players do not have to complete the Gertrude's Cat quest in order to have this cat.
It can be placed into a Menagerie. When spoken to, it will make mechanical sounds.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Must be performed at a crafting table 4 or higher|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Clockwork items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 June 2018 (Update):
- The clockwork cat will now recognise the "Hide familiar options" checkbox correctly.
- patch 26 November 2013 (Update):
- Players with a clockwork cat on a free world can now opt to dismiss the pet to summon free-to-play familiars.
- patch 17 July 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use Clockwork cats to cover loot in PvP situations.