This article is about the pets. For the bonfire entity, see Fire spirit
Fire creatures are fiery pets earned after completing the quest The Firemaker's Curse. They are obtained after entering Char's training cave, unlocked after The Firemaker's Curse. Players may find any of the four available pets wandering around the area. It is necessary to log out at least once after the quest has been completed in order to see them.
- To access the cave and claim the pets, players require 91 Firemaking.
- These pets do not become hungry, and if released, will respawn in the Training cave.
- To get the pets to appear, you must have trained at least once at Char's training cave.
- A player can only have one pet at a time. Obtaining all four pets requires the player to put the existing one in the Menagerie, and returning to the training caves to pick up another, and then repeating the entire process. It is not possible to take more than one of the same pet.
- These pets are the first pets to require Firemaking instead of Summoning.
- These pets are the same as the flames sent by Char, encountered in the ninth room of The Firemaker's Curse.
- There used to be a glitch where keeping more than one fire creature in your menagerie would cause other pets withdrawn from it to run away when dropped. This has been fixed.
- When any of these pets are dropped in free-to-play worlds, they appear on the ground as items rather than asking the player if they want to dismiss them.