Pigs are a type of pet that is obtained during Bringing Home the Bacon. They are the children of Pigzilla, and before becoming pets they are known as Pigzilla pigs.
Their names can be customised by talking to Martin the Master Gardener in Draynor, and their appearances can be swapped among three different varieties by changing the type of the pack pig machine in the storm cellar underneath Falador farm.
If the pig is lost, released, or stored in a menagerie, players may retrieve him from Eli underneath Falador farm.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- The players can rename their pig Harry Trotter, in reference to Harry Potter.
- One of the several names players can give their pig by talking to Martin the Master Gardener is Napoleon. This is a reference to George Orwell's Animal Farm.
- Two of the possible name combinations "Derek Trotter" & "Albert Trotter" are a reference to the British sitcom Only Fools and Horses. The name "Harry Trotter" could be a reference to the show, due to it being mentioned in an episode.
- A naming option for a pig is Jambon, which is French for ham.
- The name Pjork is a reference to Icelandic singer, Björk.
- The name "Pigby" is a reference to the television series Pushing Daisies.
- Although pet pigs say "Can I have some of those tasty, crunchy bones?" when the player has bones in their inventory, it is impossible to actually feed the pig bones. This is also a reference to the film Snatch.
- In one of the possible conversations with the pig, the player calls it a 'prototype' and the pig mentions "Robochop", which is a reference to RoboCop.