Bree is the centaur bodyguard of Commander Zilyana, commander of Saradomin's Encampment, along with Growler and Starlight. He uses ranged attacks and has a maximum hit of 365 damage.
During the Gielinorian God Wars, Bree lived in the Enchanted Valley with his mate Fern, along with all other centaurs, where they lived in prosperity. At one point, however, the god of order, Saradomin, arrived to the plane to recruit the centaurs to fight for him. They joined him, with Bree and Fern becoming his generals.
Further into the wars, however, most of the centaurs had been killed in battle. Bree wanted to abandon Saradomin and return to the Enchanted Valley with the remaining centaurs, but Fern dismissed the idea and insisted on continuing the fight; Bree accepted, but only because he loved her. Soon, nearly all of the centaurs had been slaughtered, causing the race to almost go extinct. Fern asked her sister, Elora the Lifegiver, to resurrect fallen centaurs, but they were killed all over again. Eventually, Elora died of exhaustion, having never refused to fulfil any of Fern's requests. In remorse and despair, Fern removed Elora's horn from her head and used it as a wand to revive the dead centaurs, but they returned as zombies, because only the truly virtuous can use a centaur's horn.
The undead centaurs mindlessly killed their own brethren, saving Fern for last. In her remorse, she became a spiritual guardian of the horn, the Wand of Resurrection, to guard it in the Tomb of the Fallen.
Bree, however, had not been slain. He had been stationed in the Temple of Lost Ancients to serve as a bodyguard for Commander Zilyana, who had been sent by Saradomin to serve as allied reinforcements after a flock of aviantese had been ambushed by Zamorakian demons. Bree and the others fought valiantly for Saradomin's cause, but Zilyana ordered a retreat after Growler was severely injured in the fighting. The icyene then prayed for Saradomin's aid, who responded in the form of three amulets bearing the symbols of Armadyl, Bandos and Zamorak. Zilyana initially destroyed the first batch, believing a heretic to have placed it in there, but when they appeared again the next day, realised Saradomin had sent them, although confused by her purpose.
Following the second appearance of the amulets, Zilyana asked her bodyguards to wear the amulets. Bree took the amulet bearing Armadyl's icon, feeling a strange power from his bow when he wore it. Eleven days after he wore the amulet, Bree decided to lead a small expedition force to the battlefield to see how the battle was faring. This was a near disaster, as Bree and his men were nearly overwhelmed. Sensing this, Zilyana mulled Bree to return over and over. Within the hour, he returned, telling Zilyana that he felt as if she was calling for him.
A powerful spell cast by Aeternam, a Guthixian mage, froze the entire dungeon beneath the temple, leaving Bree trapped in time, as one of the last centaurs alive.
He represented Saradomin in the third world event.
All bodyguards have a 1/128 chance to roll on to the "bodyguard unique" table, which includes all rare items unique to each faction except godsword shards (which are not unique), godsword hilts (which are only dropped by each faction's general) and Warpriest armour pieces (which can be dropped by all monsters in the same faction). Then, for Saradomin bodyguards, each unique has a 1/320 chance to drop. If no uniques are rolled, then you'll get 1,000-1,500 coins instead.[d 1]
- ^ This drop only attempts to roll should you fail to roll a hard clue, should you get this item, there's a 1% chance it'll be upgraded to a sealed clue scroll (master).
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 5 September 2012 (Update):
- Bree has been graphically updated.
- ^ Fern, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "Saradomin came to the Enchanted Valley, and recruited the centaurs to fight for him. We were enamoured. Most of the centaurs left our home, and followed Saradomin. Bree and I were his generals. We led the centaurs into battle."
- ^ Fern, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "The centaur herds were decimated. We should have returned to the Enchanted Valley. Bree cautioned me to abandon Saradomin's cause, before any more centaurs died in his name. I was determined to keep fighting, and because he loved me, Bree acquiesced."
- ^ Fern, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "I brought the dead and the dying to Elora. With great sadness in her eyes, she brought them back to life. I sent my people back to the battlefield, to die again in vain."
- ^ Fern, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "I cut the horn from my dead sister's forehead. I used it to raise my people. I was not virtuous like my sister. I did not deserve to wield that great power. The centaurs I raised were soulless undead, corrupt and wicked."
- ^ Fern, "The Death of Chivalry", RuneScape. "The corrupted saved me for last. I died at the hands of my creations, and I welcomed death. So deep was my sorrow and regret, my immortal spirit was tethered to my sister's horn. I cannot leave this world until the Wand of Resurrection finds a worthy successor."