The Bandos godsword is one of the four godswords that were fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching a Bandos hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player.
General Graardor is one of the most popular bosses to kill in the God Wars Dungeon due to his relatively low life points, the comparative weakness of his three sergeants, and the presence of a prayer altar in the boss room itself. As a direct result, the amount of Bandos hilts in the game is quite high, and thus the completed sword is (and historically has been) the cheapest of the four godswords.
The profit/loss made from buying the godsword parts and assembling them compared to buying the godsword by itself.
|? XP edit||-||?||944,804|
| Crafting level||?|
| Members only|
|Godsword shard 3||1||148,290||148,290|
|Godsword shard 2||1||147,917||147,917|
|Godsword shard 1||1||147,865||147,865|
The Bandos godsword's special attack, Warstrike
The Bandos godsword has a special attack, Warstrike, which deals 90%-350% ability damage and drains the enemy's stats. Using this attack costs 100% adrenaline.
The enemy's Defence level is drained visibly according to the damage dealt, and their Defence rating is also drained like saps from the Ancient Curses. The Defence level drain appears to range from 0.5%-1% of the damage dealt (or 5%-10% of the damage dealt in Legacy), with lower damage draining closer to 1% (or 10% in Legacy). Successive use of the special attack will result in drains of diminishing returns to any stats already drained but also drains to other combat skills such as Attack, Ranged and Magic and even prayer points.
The Bandos godsword has no effect on a target's affinity.
The Bandos godsword (passive) is made by using the godsword on the altar in General Graardor's room in the God Wars Dungeon. This makes the godsword untradeable, loses its special attack, but gives it a passive effect that has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit: it decreases the target's level in Defence by 1 if they are above 90% of their Defence level.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 1 February 2011 (Update):
- This item no longer has a spike connecting to a god cape.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- This item's special attack animation will now play every time it is used.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Players wielding this item have had their walking animations tweaked.
- Like all godswords (and the God Wars Dungeon itself), the Bandos godsword received a graphical update in September 2012.
- Previously, if a player wielding a Bandos godsword goes to a free-to-play world and attacks a target, they would do a unique animation in which they smash the target with the pommel, dealing the same damage as unarmed combat. After an update, members weapons now prevent players from attacking at all on free worlds.