|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|An ancient warrior's platelegs.|
|Exchange||77,354,735 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Torva platelegs are part of the Torva equipment set, obtainable by killing Nex. They require 80 Defence and Constitution to be worn.
Wearing these platelegs or any other piece of ancient equipment will make all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive.
When received with CoinShare active, the Torva platelegs will be dropped as 120 Torva platelegs shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Fully charged Torva platelegs can be broken down into 3 melee praesulic essences at a Dragonkin anvil. Breaking down degraded Torva platelegs will return a smaller percentage of praesulic essence than a fully charged piece, depending on the number of charge of the item.
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex or Treasure Hunter is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded, excluding Shadow Gem variants. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH Armour Stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when boosted to 100 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|1000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 14 June 2011 (Update):
- Torva platelegs no longer stretch during certain emotes.
- This item, along with the other Torva armour pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired. This has now been fixed.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the platelegs increased a player's maximum life points by 134.
- Before an update on 7 September 2015, Max, the seller of the Max cape wore a pair of Torva platelegs, along with a Torva platebody, max cape, steadfast Boots and a pair of Barrows gloves.