Blood crystal is one of the crystals that power Nex in the Nex: Angel of Death fight.
It was created by Zaros from the essence of Lady Drakan, the vampyre matriarch from House Drakan, during the Second Age. Alongside the crystals of ice, smoke and shadow, it was used to create the Nihil race. Later, in the Sixth Age, it was given to Nex to serve as a source of power.
The crystal is attackable when Nex reaches 600,000 life points. It can only be attacked depending on the order of the praesul (Nex's mages) were killed. Unlike the other crystals, this will not allow Nex to use attacks but will heal her over time.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 May 2021 (Update):
- Increased the clickzone of the blood, ice, shadow and smoke pillars in the Nex: Angel of Death encounter.
- The pillar it resides on has its own examine, which reads as "The pillar contains a blood crystal that seems to drip blood from a constant source."
- The crystal was made from the remains of Lowerniel Drakan's mother.
- ^ Nex, The Promised Gift
- ^ The Promised Gift, written by Zaros, RuneScape. "The stone of blood was once the bloody matriarch of Vampyrium. This trueborn vampyre was the mother of my once-servant Drakan, and during my time on Gielinor had fallen from my loyal service and grown corpulent in the manner of ancient Hostilius."