||30 January 2017 (Update)
||400 points per minute (1 point per 0.15 seconds)
12 levels (for accuracy)
+12 levels (for armour)
Drains enemy -6 to -10 levels (for accuracy)
-8 to -12 enemy levels (for armour)
-9% to -15% enemy damage (PvM)
-6% to -10% enemy damage (PvP)
|Infobox • Talk page
Desolation is a curse released as a reward from Nex: Angel of Death. It is unlocked by using the praesul codex. It requires level 99 Prayer to activate, the highest in the game alongside Malevolence and Affliction.
Desolation is a boosted version of Anguish; it boosts the user's Ranged level by 12, Ranged damage by 12%, and Defence level by 12, and drains them from the opponent.
Desolation's animation when activated
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- hotfix 13 February 2017 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use Fortitude & the Nex: AoD curses at the same time by activating them in a specific order.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- A number of changes have been made to the Nex: Angel of Death reward curses:
- They no longer occupy your overhead slot.
- They are no longer removed by abilities such as Sever.
- Prayer drain rate is increased slightly.
- On release, Desolation was an overhead prayer. This was changed a week later following player feedback. To compensate for being able to be used with deflection curses and Soul Split, its drain rate was increased to 400 prayer points per minute.
- Malevolence, Desolation, and Affliction share the highest prayer drain rate, 40 times as fast as the slowest draining curse, Protect Item.