The praesul codex is an item dropped by Nex: Angel of Death. It can be used to unlock one of three curses: Malevolence, Desolation, or Affliction. These curses require level 99 Prayer to use. To unlock all three curses a player would need to purchase three codices, worth approximately 2,669,284,209 coins.
Reading the codex provides the player with a choice to unlock one of the following:
- Malevolence - A melee curse which boosts the player's Attack level by 12, melee damage by 12%, and Defence level by 12, and drains them from the opponent.
- Desolation - A ranged curse which boosts the player's Ranged level by 12, Ranged damage by 12%, and Defence level by 12, and drains them from the opponent.
- Affliction - A magic curse which boosts the player's Magic level by 12, Magic damage by 12%, and Defence level by 12, and drains them from the opponent.
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 May 2019 (Update):
- The drop rate for the praesul codex now scales to the amount of players in the fight so that smaller teams are better rewarded, up to the maximum of 7 players.
- It is possible to unlock the curses with the praesul codex prior to completion of The Temple at Senntisten quest or without the required Prayer level, though they won't be available for use.
- When dropped, the server-wide announcements refers to this item as a "Praesul Codex" with an uppercase "C".