The Saradomin godsword (passive) is created by using a Saradomin godsword on the Saradomin altar in Commander Zilyana's room. This process can be repeated to turn the sword back to normal. The passive effect replaces the special attack and also renders the sword untradeable.
It has a passive effect that can be toggled on by using it on the altar within the boss room of Saradomin's Encampment (the room in which Commander Zilyana is located), however, entering Saradomin's Encampment requires 70 Agility. The effect has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit, healing 3% of your maximum life points and recovering 3% of your maximum prayer points with each successful hit.
The special attack is more useful for emergency heal situations and can heal a lot of life points instantly, especially if used under damage boosting abilities such as Berserk. The passive effect heals more consistently and has a comparable life points restore but substantially better prayer points restore. The passive effect can activate on both auto-attacks and abilities. However, for players with access to superior weaponry (such as drygore weaponry) who do not wish to use a level 75 weapon (which is required in order to benefit from the passive effect), the special attack is preferable.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- Players can now create augmented passive godswords to match the non-passive ones. This can be achieved by either using an augmentor on a passive godsword, or use an existing augmented godsword on the relevant altar to swap between passive and non-passive variants.
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- The 'dismantle' option on passive Godswords now works as intended.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.