Saradomin's hiss is an item dropped by Commander Zilyana and her minions. It requires 70 Magic to wear. Saradomin's hiss is emblazoned with the symbol of Zamorak. It is one of three amulets dropped by Commander Zilyana and her bodyguards, Growler, Bree, and Starlight. The others being Saradomin's murmur, which displays the symbol of Armadyl, and Saradomin's whisper, which displays the symbol of Bandos. This amulet can be combined with a chaotic remnant, purchased from the Dungeoneering rewards trader, to obtain the arcane stream necklace which provides a 44 magic bonus.
When received with CoinShare active, the Saradomin's hiss will be dropped as 120 Saradomin's hiss shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Saradomin's amulets were created during the God Wars of the Third Age, after Commander Zilyana and her bodyguards scarcely returned to Saradomin's Encampment alive after a battle. They appeared on the altar at Zilyana's chamber after she prayed to Saradomin asking for help. Saradomin's murmur bore the symbol of Armadyl, Saradomin's whisper bore the symbol of Bandos, and Saradomin's hiss bore the symbol of Zamorak. In addition to being powerful, they impacted the decision making and the behaviour of the wearer, influencing them to do the will of Zilyana.
Seeing that, she lured the Generals to steal the corresponding amulets of their gods: K'ril and his army kept Saradomin's hiss, Graardor and his army kept Saradomin's whisper and Kree'arra and his army kept Saradomin's murmur. Soon, all the armies were under the influence of Zilyana, and all suffered her hate. Many followers died at the hands of Saradomin's forces, until an aviansie discovered the true function of the amulets. He sent a book to Kree'arra informing him of the amulets and suggesting to assault Saradomin's Encampment with the Armadyl godsword to recover some of the things the forces of Armadyl had lost to Saradomin, such as the Armadyl crossbow.
It is logical to assume that Kree'arra then destroyed all the amulets of his army (as he and his followers are not seen wearing it, nor it is in their drop table), managing to revert the fate that was traced to his race, the extinction. Likely soon, all the other gods' forces would then discover the true function of the amulets of Saradomin and start to battle effectively against Commander Zilyana and her forces.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Comparison with other neckwear[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 2 April 2013 (Update):
- Saradomin's Hiss and Whisper now show the correct equip levels on the Skill Advance Guide.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- The Saradomin's hiss amulet no longer stretches when players perform emotes.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat, this amulet was the only tradeable amulet to offer a magic damage boost.
- Although this amulet was intended for Saradomin's Zamorakian enemies, it grants protection from Saradomin's followers like any normal Saradomin item in God Wars.
- Saradomin's hiss at one time was less than two-thirds the price of a Murmur or a Whisper. This is because the Arcane Stream Necklace was available for more than 4 years prior and many players chose to buy that instead. Saradomin's Murmur and Whisper were the highest Melee and Range boosting necklaces respectively until 24 May 2014.