||30 January 2017 (Update)
||400 points per minute (1 point per 0.15 seconds)
||+12 levels (for accuracy)|
+12 levels (for armour)
Drains enemy -6 to -10 levels (for accuracy)
-8 to -12 enemy levels (for armour)
-9% to -15% enemy damage (PvM)
-6% to -10% enemy damage (PvP)
|Infobox • Talk page
Affliction is a curse released as a reward from Nex: Angel of Death. It is unlocked by using the praesul codex. It requires level 99 Prayer to activate, the highest in the game alongside Malevolence and Desolation.
Affliction is a boosted version of Torment; it boosts the user's Magic level by 12, Magic damage by 12%, and Defence level by 12, and drain them from the opponent.
Affliction's animation when activated
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- hotfix 13 February 2017 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use Fortitude & the Nex: AoD curses at the same time by activating them in a specific order.
- patch 13 February 2017 (Update):
- A number of changes have been made to the Nex: Angel of Death reward curses:
- They no longer occupy your overhead slot.
- They are no longer removed by abilities such as Sever.
- Prayer drain rate is increased slightly.
- On release, Affliction was an overhead prayer. This was changed a week later following player feedback. To compensate for being able to be used with deflection curses and Soul Split, its drain rate was increased to 400 prayer points per minute.
- Malevolence, Desolation, and Affliction share the highest prayer drain rate, 40 times as fast as the slowest draining curse, Protect Item.