Saradomin priests are clerics in the army of Commander Zilyana, fighting in the God Wars Dungeon. They can either be found in the main area or Saradomin's Encampment, attacking players with Saradomin Strike, despite not having the requisite staff.
Saradomin priests are usually a nuisance because their attacks are accurate against players with moderate magic defence. Unlike most of the monsters in the God Wars Dungeon, Saradomin priests will attack players that have no Saradomin item over monsters, so players should be wary of this. However, they are one of the only two Saradomin units (along with Knight of Saradomin) outside of the boss chamber that don't require a Slayer level to damage.
Saradomin priests seem to be able to poison the player, although for very small hits (35 damage at most).
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 January 2011 (Update):
- This npc’s arms no longer render through their capes.
- The priest used to hit extremely rarely against monsters before the Evolution of Combat was released. Now they hit extremely often against monsters. However, it still uses the old melee attack animation on the monster but deals magic damage. This is probably an oversight from Jagex.