|Release||28 August 2007 (Update)|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|A terrifying, heavy sword.|
|Exchange||3,240,456 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Zamorak godsword is one of the four legendary godswords that was fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching a Zamorak hilt to a completed godsword blade, which has no requirements and can be done by any player.
|0 XP||-||1 (0.6s) ||3,240,456|
| Crafting level||1|
| Members only|
The Zamorak godsword's special attack, Ice Cleave
The Zamorak godsword has a special attack called Ice Cleave, which deals 75-275% ability damage and freezes the target for 10 seconds. It uses 60% adrenaline.
The Zamorak godsword (passive) is made by using the godsword on the Zamorak altar in K'ril Tsutsaroth's room in the God Wars Dungeon, requiring 70 Constitution. This makes the godsword untradeable, loses its special attack, but gives it a passive effect that has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit, freezing your target for 6 seconds.
The passive is perhaps more useful when trying to keep an enemy frozen for as much time as possible, for example when countering rangers who farcast using the Binding shot ability. The special is more useful when the bind need to be at an exact time and/or coupled with a strong hit, such as preventing a flag carrier from running away in Castle Wars or someone from running away in the wilderness. A freeze for melee is more useful than it sounds, because when a melee user chases after a running enemy, the melee user cannot even use any abilities, as the game would simply say the target is too far away even when the target is close enough to be autoattacked.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 28 July 2014 (Update):
- Godswords can now have their passive effects toggled on again when used on the appropriate Godwars boss altar.
- ninja 1 July 2014 (Update):
- The textures on the four god swords have been updated.
- patch 4 December 2012 (Update):
- Lent versions of the Godswords are now correctly triggering their passive effects.
- update 5 September 2012 (Update):
- Zamorak godsword is graphically updated.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Players wielding a godsword have had their walking animations tweaked.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Godswords can now be found in the Attack skill guide.
A close up shot of part of the updated Zamorak godsword, seen in the 16th BtS video
- Before the Evolution of Combat this weapon's special attack would freeze the opponent for 20 seconds and consumed 60% of the special attack bar. Prior to the graphical update on 1 July 2008, the player would simply perform a chopping motion resulting an ice block formation around the enemy, the exact animation used for Ice Barrage. Since the reintroduction of special attacks with Legacy Mode, the freeze was decreased to 10 seconds.
- The special used to be very useful when fighting Commander Zilyana before the EoC, as her attacks were very hard hitting back then and it was a good strategy to keep her frozen in place so she couldn't attack, and farcast her using range.
- When using the special attack, the Zamorak godsword will be shown instead of any cosmetic overrides activated.
- If the sword is used on Seren, she will exclaim "The sword of the betrayer! Usurper! You killed my sibling!".
- Although the sword was graphically updated in 2012, some of the GFX offsets remained unchanged. This leaves some of the icycles floating in the air at the tip of the sword whilst the special attack is being performed.