|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check-charges, Use, Drop, Examine|
|Equipped||Remove, Check-charges, Examine|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|An ancient ranger's cowl.|
|Exchange||6,493,241 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Pernix cowl is part of the Pernix equipment set, obtainable by killing Nex. It requires 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to be worn.
Wearing this cowl or any other piece of ancient equipment will make all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive.
When received with CoinShare active, the Pernix cowl will be dropped as 120 Pernix cowl shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
A fully charged Pernix cowl can be broken down into two ranged praesulic essences at a dragonkin anvil. Breaking down a degraded Pernix cowl will return a smaller percentage of praesulic essence than a fully charged piece, depending on the number of charge of the item.
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex or Treasure Hunter is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by two charges per hit, making the minimum time five hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting "check-charge". Additionally, ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded, excluding the shadow gem variants. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the characters listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following characters can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- ^ Cost at armour stand and whetstone is reduced by 0.5% per Smithing level; 50% at 99 Smithing.
- ^ 1,800 charges per hour.
- ^ 3,600 charges per hour.
- ^ 6,000 charges per hour.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- patch 25 October 2011 (Update):
- The pernix cowl and dervish headwrap both no longer change the player's facial hair.
- This item, along with the other Torva, Pernix, and Virtus pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired or worn. This has since been fixed.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a broadcast is sent to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the cowl increased a player's maximum life points by 66.