|Release||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|I need to clean this herb before I can use it.|
|Exchange||4,240 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A grimy ranarr is a herb that can be cleaned to make a clean ranarr. Grimy ranarr may be grown from a ranarr seed with a Farming level of 32. Cleaning a grimy ranarr requires a Herblore level of 25 and gives 7.5 Herblore experience. Clean ranarr are used to make prayer potions with Herblore level 38. Grimy ranarr may also be obtained from the Sorceress's Garden minigame. Grimy herbs, including ranarr, are commonly found by killing chaos druids. Killing flesh crawlers and ice warriors are also a relatively good strategy to collect grimy ranarr. A spawn can also be found on the floor in the Edgeville Dungeon chaos druids dungeon.
Cleaning grimy ranarr yields a profit of 228 coins per herb.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Grimy ranarr can be harvested from ranarr plants grown within an herb patch. A fully grown ranarr will yield a minimum of three grimy ranarr at harvest. Each grimy ranarr, when picked, gives 30.5 Farming experience.
Harvest yields for ranarr plants are determined by a "harvest lives" system. Each ranarr plant begins with 3 lives. Additional lives are added with the use of compost (+1 life), supercompost (+2 lives) and ultracompost (+3 lives). Every harvest action will roll a chance out of 255 on the specific patch's "Chance to Save", taking one of the harvest lives from the patch if it does not hit; the patch will be cleared when it runs out of lives. The "Chance to Save" is dependent on the player's Farming level.
Patch locations[edit | edit source]
|Herb patch||South of Falador||1||None|
|Herb patch||West of Port Phasmatys||1||None|
|Herb patch||North of Catherby||1||None|
|Herb patch||North of Ardougne||1||None|
|Herb patch||North of Wilderness Volcano||1||None|
|Herb patch||Roof of Troll Stronghold||1||My Arm's Big Adventure|
|Herb patch||Crwys district of Prifddinas||1||Plague's End|
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||72.5%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a player cleans ranarr, he or she receives the message, "You clean the dirt from the ranarr weed." This is a reference to the fact that "grimy ranarr" were once referred to as "ranarr weeds" in RuneScape history.
- All herbs dropped in price in the beginning months of 2011, caused possibly by the Bonus XP Weekends and increasing botting of herb gathering such as Sorceress's Garden. The ranarr was most noticeable - It dropped from approximately 7k coins to less than 3k in about a week after the weekend had finished. After the "bot nuke" in October of the same year, the price skyrocketed and had gained back all of its losses from the previous 180 days, and more. However, in the following days, it began gradually falling again, until its price stabilised at around 2500-3500 coins. It currently stands at 4240 coins.
- Both grimy rannar and clean ranarr suffered from a price drop shortly after the Dungeoneering skill was introduced. The resource dungeon in Edgeville Dungeon has a respawning grimy ranarr which many players would camp out in the first few weeks/months of release.
|Gielinor Games (discontinued)|