The Saradomin godsword is one of the five legendary godswords that were fought over during the God Wars. Requiring 75 Attack to wield, it is created by attaching a Saradomin hilt to a completed godsword blade.
The profit/loss made from buying the godsword parts and assembling them compared to buying the godsword by itself.
|? XP edit||-||?||5,140,144|
| Crafting level||?|
| Members only|
|Godsword shard 3||1||149,047||149,047|
|Godsword shard 2||1||149,047||149,047|
|Godsword shard 1||1||148,616||148,616|
The Saradomin godsword's special attack, Healing Blade
The Saradomin godsword has a special attack, Healing Blade, which deals 75-275% ability damage and restores life points by half of the damage dealt and prayer points by 2.5% of it. As the special can be used as often as you have 50% adrenaline (or 50% special attack energy on legacy mode), it is essentially an infinite source of health and prayer points.
The Saradomin godsword (passive) is made by using the godsword on the Saradomin altar in Commander Zilyana's room in the God Wars Dungeon, requiring 70 Agility. This makes the godsword untradeable, loses its special attack, but gives it a passive effect that has a 25% chance of activating upon a successful hit, healing 3% of your maximum life points and recovering 3% of your maximum prayer points with each successful hit.
The special attack is more useful for emergency heal situations and can heal a lot of life points instantly, especially if used under damage boosting abilities such as Berserk. The passive effect heals more consistently and has a comparable life points restore but substantially better prayer points restore. However, for players with access to superior weaponry (such as drygore weaponry) who do not wish to use a level 75 weapon (which is required in order to benefit from the passive effect), the special attack is preferable. The passive effect is often preferred for slayer tasks as the gradual health gain can out-heal the damage of many monsters, which can be further enhanced by Soul Split maintained by the prayer restoration. This also allows the player to use other higher damaging threshold abilities more frequently.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.
- patch 13 December 2011 (Update):
- The Saradomin Godsword's special attack now heals for the correct amount.
- patch 9 November 2010 (Update):
- Players wielding a godsword have had their walking animations tweaked.
- After the Evolution of Combat and before the Legacy mode update, the Saradomin godsword had a passive effect that restored the player's health and prayer points, much like it does now. A further update let you toggle between the special attack and passive effect in legacy mode. The passive effect was the most desirable among the godswords, mainly due to the fact that the other 3 godsword passives were fairly lacklustre in usefulness and uncommonly used.
- Like the other godswords and the God Wars Dungeon itself, the Saradomin godsword received a graphical update in September 2012.
- The Saradomin godsword is the only sword to maintain a look similar to the former godswords before September 2012, mainly the quillons on its sides.
- If the special attack of the Saradomin godsword is enough to kill a monster, it will still heal the amount of health it would have done with a full hit. For example, if a monster has 100 life points left and your hit would have dealt 500 damage, you will heal for 50% of 500 damage (250 life points) instead of 50% of 100 damage (50 life points).
- It is possible to have both the passive variant and the special attack variant in your bank at the same time.