Snape grass is a grass that can be collected from various areas around RuneScape. Snape grass can also be grown from snape grass plants grown from three snape grass seeds in an allotment patch, requiring level 80 Farming. A minimum of three snape grass is harvested at a time when farmed in an allotment.
Snape grass are required for crafting fishing potions, prayer potions, and sweet honeycombs. Snape grass can also be used to create hangover cures, which are used in the Plague City quest and the Mogres mini quest.
Snape grass can be harvested from snape grass plants grown within an allotment patch from three snape grass seeds. A fully grown snape grass plant will yield a minimum of three snape grass at harvest. Each snape grass, when picked, gives 80 Farming experience.
Harvest yields for snape grass plants are determined by a "harvest lives" system. Each snape grass plant begins with three lives. Additional lives are added with the use of compost (+1 life), supercompost (+2 lives), and ultracompost (+3 lives). Every harvest action will roll a chance out of 255 on the specific patch's "Chance to Save", taking one of the harvest lives from the patch if it does not hit; the patch will be cleared when it runs out of lives. The "Chance to Save" is dependent on the player's Farming level.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 February 2016 (Update):
- Snape grass now has a higher junk chance.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- Snapegrass is now teleported to your bank by Signs of the Porter when it is picked up rather than when it is harvested from farming patches.
- update 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The amount of snape grass harvested from a Farming patch without any boosting equipment has been corrected.
- hotfix 20 May 2013 (Update):
- Ensured that several farming patches (including Grapes, Reeds, Fly traps and Snape grass) progress into the correct next state instead of changing into different patches.
- update 20 May 2013 (Update):
- In the first category, there are some familiar sights such as snape grass and potato cacti - available through farming for the first time.
- update 5 May 2004 (Update):
- Faster herblaw secondary ingredients respawns. Various players have pointed out to us the spawn rate of certain herblaw ingredients had slowed down. So we have sped them up. You should be able to get your snape grass, white berries and jangerberries nice and quickly.
- update 14 December 2003 (Update):
- Fixed: Snape grass was using the wrong graphic.
- Snape grass appears to be based on some kind of psammophilic (sand-loving) beach grass such as Leymus arenarius or Ammophila, as snape grass is a spiky grass only found in the wild near coastlines.