|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|An ancient ranger's chaps.|
|Exchange||18,964,738 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Pernix chaps are part of the Pernix armour set, obtainable by killing Nex. They require 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to be worn.
Wearing these chaps or any other piece of ancient armour will make all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive.
When received with CoinShare active, the Pernix chaps will be dropped as 120 Pernix chaps shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Fully charged Pernix chaps can be broken down into 3 ranged praesulic essences at a Dragonkin anvil. Breaking down degraded Pernix chaps will return a smaller percentage of praesulic essence than a fully charged piece, depending on the number of charge of the item.
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex or Treasure Hunter is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded, excluding Shadow Gem variants. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH Armour Stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when boosted to 100 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|1000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- Pernix chaps and Tuska warpriest legs will no longer clip through capes.
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- This item, along with the other Pernix, Torva, and Virtus pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired. This has since been fixed.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the chaps increased a player's maximum life points by 134.