Virtus boots are part of the Virtus equipment set, obtainable by killing Nex. They require 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to be worn.
Wearing these boots or any other piece of the ancient equipment will make all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive.
When received with CoinShare active, the Virtus boots will be dropped as 120 Virtus boots shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex or Treasure Hunter is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded, excluding Shadow Gem variants. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH Armour Stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when boosted to 100 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|100000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- Torva, Pernix and Virtus gloves and boots no longer have the same repair cost regardless of how degraded they are.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- On the day of release these boots, along with all the other Nex boots and gloves, were not listed on the Grand Exchange.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the boots increased a player's maximum life points by 25.