Smoke crystal is one of the crystals that power Nex in the Nex: Angel of Death fight.
It was created by Zaros using the essence of a Smoke demon from Infernus, during the Second Age. Alongside the crystals of ice, shadow and blood, it was used to create the Nihil race. Later, in the Sixth Age, it was given to Nex to serve as a source of power.
The crystal is attackable when Nex reaches 600,000 life points. It can only be attacked depending on the order of the praesul (Nex's mages) were killed.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 10 May 2021 (Update):
- Increased the clickzone of the blood, ice, shadow and smoke pillars in the Nex: Angel of Death encounter.
- The pillar it resides on has its own examine, which reads as "The pillar contains a crystal that is emitting pure black smoke."
- Zaros created the smoke crystal from the remains of a large smoke demon that he killed.
- ^ Nex, The Promised Gift
- ^ The Promised Gift, written by Zaros, RuneScape. "I created the stone of smoke from the remains of an especially large smoke demon from Infernus. Smoke demons are amongst the most inscrutable of demons, close in nature and in location to the heart of their world, and a powerful embodiment of that element."