For other variants of this item, see lucky
The Armadyl crossbow is a one-handed crossbow that requires 75 Ranged to wield. It was released with the God Wars Dungeon update in 2012, alongside other items such as the amulets of Saradomin. It is dropped by Commander Zilyana and her minions. The reason Commander Zilyana drops the bow is because she betrayed Kree'arra and stole it as a trophy, as described in the book Armadyl's Assault.
When received with CoinShare active, the Armadyl crossbow will be dropped as 120 Armadyl crossbow shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
The Armadyl crossbow and its off-hand counterpart have somewhat limited uses due to there being no tier 75 bolts in the game. Higher level bolts can be used with the Armadyl crossbow, but require higher Ranged levels to equip; at that point, ranged weapons that are higher levelled than the Armadyl crossbow become available to use. Additionally, the bolts' damage is scaled down to tier 75.
Players may instead chose to use the dwarven hand cannon as an alternative, as it is a tier 75 ranged weapon as well and has ammunition corresponding to its tier. The hand cannon also costs much less than the Armadyl crossbow and its off-hand counterpart, although the completion of Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf quest is required to wield the weapon. However, the hand cannon occasionally explodes without warning, although this can be mitigated by augmenting it.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Comparison with other Ranged weapons[edit | edit source]
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Armadyl crossbows are now level 75 to be consistent with other God Wars weapons.
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- The Armadyl crossbow has been removed from Kree'arra's reward list in the beasts tab of the adventures interface.
- Before the update on 26 May 2015, the Armadyl crossbow had a requirement of 70 Ranged.
- The Armadyl crossbow is the only crossbow in the game that has a Prayer bonus.
Concept art of the crossbow