|Release||8 July 2019 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||750,000 coins|
|Low alch||500,000 coins|
|It is stronger against targets with ranged powers.|
|Exchange||219,861,800 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The terrasaur maul is a tier 80 two-handed maul. It is crafted from the tribal fin, superior long bone, and volcanic fragments, obtained from the Oculi apoterrasaur, Pavosaurus rex, and Malletops respectively from the Big Game Hunter activity on Anachronia, requiring a minimum of 96 Hunter and 76 Slayer to hunt the dinosaurs, along with 93 Crafting and Smithing to create the maul itself. It can be augmented by using an augmentor on it. This weapon is the melee equivalent of the Hexhunter bow and Inquisitor staff.
- +12.5% damage boost against ranged-classed enemies.
- +10% hit chance boost against ranged-classed enemies.
The terrasaur maul gives no boost against other players in the Wilderness.
This item degrades to a broken, repairable state over 60,000 charges of combat. The base repair cost is 2,000,000 coins for a full repair, which is scaled to how damaged it is. It can be repaired by a Repair NPC, or for cheaper on an armour stand/whetstone.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Passive effect[edit | edit source]
Recommended bosses[edit | edit source]
The Terrasaur maul is recommended for the following boss fights as it is the best-in-slot 2-handed melee weapon for these bosses and can be useful for maximizing damage output where it is most crucial. Due to its boost against ranged-classed bosses, it performs with tier 96-98 damage and accuracy, and so on average performs as a T97 weapon.
It is worth noting that the majority of bosses that are susceptible to the maul's effect have reasonably high affinities for melee attacks. As a result, 100% hit chance can be easily achieved for most of these bosses; some even without the use of the berserker or supreme brawler auras and/or a blood nihil. The terrasaur maul performs slightly better against targets where hit chance is 100% compared to targets where it is not.
|Maul boost||Boss||Area||Maul tier||Notes|
|Masuta the Ascended||Temple of Aminishi||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against Masuta, but falls back to T80 against the thrashing waters.|
|The Sanctum Guardian||Temple of Aminishi||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against the Sanctum Guardian. Crassian reinforcements that spawn are also susceptible to the maul's effect.|
|Seiryu, the Azure Serpent||Temple of Aminishi||T80||Although ineffective against Seiryu itself, it is the best-in-slot weapon against the black crystals, which must be destroyed as quickly as possible to avoid prolonging the fight.|
|Verak Lith||Dragonkin Laboratory||T97||Second best melee weapon against Verak Lith after dragonbane weapons, but falls back to T80 against the spires.|
|Black stone dragon||Dragonkin Laboratory||T97||Second best melee weapon melee weapon against the Black stone dragon after dragonbane weapons. The four black hands that spawn are also susceptible, but extra caution should be taken when attacking them from melee distance.|
|Taraket the Necromancer||The Shadow Reef||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against Taraket himself, but falls back to T80 against the bloated monstrosity, corpse carrier, and summoned skeletons.
Summoned skeleton archers are susceptible, however.
|The Ambassador||The Shadow Reef||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against the Ambassador himself, but falls back to T80 against the sinister fragments.|
|Dagannoth Supreme||Waterbirth Island Dungeon||T97||Best-in-slot weapon against Dagannoth Supreme but weapons that use Supreme's stab weakness are sometimes better. Style switches must be brought to deal with the other Dagannoth Kings anyway.|
|Kalphite Queen||Kalphite Hive||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapons against both variants of the Kalphite Queen during the first phase.
Cannot be used in the second phase since the queen uses the Protect from Melee prayer.
|Exiled Kalphite Queen||Exiled Kalphite Hive||T97|
|Araxxor||Araxyte hive||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against the ranged form of Araxxor, but falls back to T80 against Araxxi. The ranged form of Araxxor can occasionally use melee attacks when in melee distance, making the maul risky to use at higher enrages.|
|Rathis||Rex Matriarchs||T97||Best-in-slot melee weapon against Rathis but stab weapons are sometimes better due to Rathis' stab weakness.|
Non-recommended bosses[edit | edit source]
The Terrasaur maul is not recommended for the following boss fights as it only works as a T97 weapon for very limited portions of the fights and/or is outclassed by another weapon.
|Maul boost||Boss||Area||Maul tier||Notes|
|Solak||The Lost Grove||T80||Solak himself is not susceptible to the maul's effect.
With the exceptions of Erethdor within Solak's mind and the blightbound lashers, the rest of the mechanics are also not susceptible to the maul's effect. This includes the volatile rootlings, blight afflicted core, and anima eruptions.
|Gregorovic||The Heart of Gielinor||T97||Although the maul deals the most damage against Gregorovic and the shadows, the lower reach of the maul compared to a halberd-class weapon makes it difficult to clear the shadows with AoE abilities.
Should only be used for record kills; halberds allow for easier and more reliable melee kills.
|Kalphite King||Exiled Kalphite Hive||T97||Only works against the ranged form of the Kalphite King. Due to the stab weakness it acquires in this form, a Keris paired with a T90/T92 off-hand weapon and a Desert Amulet 4 equipped offers comparable damage and better accuracy. Nevertheless, the maul is very effective for this form, just not outstandingly useful overall.|
|Karil the Tainted||Barrows||T97||The effect only works against Karil, and is ineffective against the other 5 barrows brothers, Akrisae and Linza.
This also applies to Barrows: Rise of the Six.
|Verac the Defiled||T80|
|Dharok the Wretched||T80|
|Torag the Corrupted||T80|
|Ahrim the Blighted||T80|
|Guthan the Infested||T80|
|Akrisae the Doomed||T80|
|Linza the Disgraced||T80|
|Nymora, the Vengeful||The Heart of Gielinor||T97||Although Nymora is susceptible to the maul's effect, Avaryss is not. |
It is worth noting, however, that a lot of damage can be bursted onto Nymora at the start of the fight with the maul boost.
|Avaryss, the Unceasing||T80|
Other unaffected bosses with ranged attacks[edit | edit source]
Susceptible slayer monsters[edit | edit source]
- Airut (while using ranged)
- Automaton Tracer
- Big and Giant frog
- Bulbous crawler
- Cadarn ranger
- Camel warrior (only the main ones)
- Cave bug
- Cave crawler
- Cave slime
- Chaos Giant
- Corrupted dust devil and Corrupted lizard
- Crystal shapeshifter (only the ranged ones)
- Dust devil
- Dwarves (Black Guard crossbowdwarf and Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer)
- Flesh Crawler
- Frost dragon
- Harpie Bug Swarm
- Imperial ranger akh
- Living rock striker
- Monkey Archer
- Mutated jadinkos
- Mutated zygomite
- Nodon hunter
- Scabarites (Locust ranger, Scabaras ranger and Locust riders in their ranged form only)
- Scorpions (excluding Corrupted scorpion)
- Shadow nihil
- Siege engine
- Spiders (Corpse spider, Poison spider, Giant spider, Shadow spider, Deadly red spider, Jungle spider, Lava spider and Fever spider)
- Spiritual ranger
- Strykewyrms (Jungle strykewyrm, Desert strykewyrm and Ice strykewyrm)
- Terror dog
- Throwing muspah
- Trolls (Troll chucker and Thrower Troll)
Please note that this list is incomplete. For a complete list of all monsters that the Terrasaur Maul works against, see Susceptible to terrasaur maul.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|1,000 XP||1,000 XP||?||219,861,800|
|Superior long bone||1||77,155,337||77,155,337|
Sources[edit | edit source]
Terrasaur maul pieces can only be obtained from the following tier-3 dinosaurs from the Big Game Hunter activity:
- Pavosaurus rex drops the Superior long bone worth 77,155,337
- Oculi apoterrasaur drops the Tribal fin worth 97,545,338
- Malletops drops the Volcanic fragments worth 140,924,470
If players do not wish to buy tier-2 bait required to hunt the above tier-3 dinosaurs, then they must follow the given path to obtain the bait:
|Tier 1 dinosaur (bait)||Tier 2 dinosaur (bait)||Tier 3 dinosaur (bait)||Possible maul piece|
| Arcane apoterrasaur
( Raw shark )
( Raw arcane apoterrasaur meat )
| Oculi apoterrasaur
( Raw asciatops meat )
( Raw sailfish )
| Corbicula rex
( Raw scimitops meat )
( Raw corbicula rex meat )
| Bagrada rex
( Raw manta ray )
| Spicati apoterrasaur
( Raw bagrada rex meat )
| Pavosaurus rex
( Raw spicati apoterrasaur meat )
|Superior long bone|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
This item costs at most 2,000,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 500,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
These methods cost more as they do not consider player's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Improved methods[edit source]
These methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone which can be used anywhere
- The item repair ability of a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|2000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Usage cost[edit | edit source]
|Method||Repair NPC, armour stand, whetstone|
|Item(s) consumed||2,000,000 × Coins[uc 1]|
|Total GE Price||2,000,000|
|Average rate[uc 2]||60,000|
|High rate[uc 3]||120,000|
|Maximum rate[uc 4]||200,000|
Comparison with other Melee weapons[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|5 × Rumbling components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- (Reapplied fix) The Terrasaur Maul's effect will no longer boost abilities applied with Greater Barge if the player is not wielding the weapon.
- patch 13 December 2021 (Update):
- The effect of Terrasaur maul will no longer boost abilities applied with greater barge if the player is not wielding the weapon.
- update 1 June 2020 (Update):
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Examining the items that create the Terrasaur Maul now say that "dino scales are needed"
- patch 15 July 2019 (Update):
- The Terrasaur maul and Hexhunter bow effects will now appear as a debuff on the target being effected by the buff.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 19 April 2022. (Archived from the original on 19 April 2022.) Mod Sponge: "TIL hex weapons (hexhunter/tsaur/inq staff) give a +5 affinity buff if your target's weak to your weapon type. (alongside the +10% accuracy). Did anyone know this?!"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 19 April 2022. (Archived from the original on 19 April 2022.) Mod Sponge: "He will not, the affinity change is explicitly weakness based. (if telos was ranged but had a fire weakness, IStaff would give affinity buff despite not giving the other buffs)"
- ^ Tier 97 is an estimate as this changes based on various buffs and other worn equipment. The 12.5% damage boost is a multiplier that is applied to the player's base ability damage. For example if, the player has level 99 strength without any armour bonus or potion boosts, then: , thus: where 1.125 is the Terrasaur maul buff which results in an effective base ability damage of 1713.
Two-handed crush weapons
|Traps and resources|