Wand of the praesul
|Wand of the praesul|
|Release||30 January 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Backpack||Wield, Check charges|
|High alch||500,000 coins|
|Low alch||333,333 coins|
|A powerful wand imbued with each of the four ancient magic stones.|
|Exchange||938,995,762 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The wand of the praesul is a magic main hand weapon dropped exclusively by Nex: Angel of Death. Requiring level 92 Magic to use, it is the strongest one handed magic weapon in the game outside of Daemonheim.
The wand will degrade to a broken state after 60,000 charges of combat (but loses 2 charges per hit, so has a minimum duration of 5 hours of combat). It can be fixed by Repair NPCs such as Bob in Lumbridge, or at an armour stand in a player-owned house. A full repair, without discounts, costs 3,000,000 coins.
When dropped in a dangerous player-versus-player situation, the killer will receive the wand in its broken state.
When received with CoinShare active, the wand of the praesul will be dropped as 120 wand of the praesul shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||0.0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The Wand of the praesul at most, costs 3,000,000 coins to repair completely. The repair cost is precisely calculated by the degradation percentage (i.e. with 75% charge remaining, a full repair would only cost 750,000 coins). It may be repaired through a variety of methods.
With an NPC[edit source]
These less preferred methods cost more as they do not consider one's Smithing level for a repair discount.
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
Alternate methods[edit source]
These preferred methods provide a repair cost discount of 0.5% per Smithing level (including boosts).
- An armour stand in a player-owned house
- A whetstone device which can be used anywhere
- The Item Repair ability on a legendary pet can be used once per hour
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|3000000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Dyed[edit | edit source]
Once the dye is applied, the wand becomes permanently untradeable.
|Item||Praesul wand (barrows)||Praesul wand (shadow)||Praesul wand (Third Age)||Praesul wand (blood)||[Praesul wand (ice)|
Comparison with other magical weaponry[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Nex: Angel of Death||7000||1||Varies[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Wand of the praesul|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||0.0%|
|4 × Zaros components||Always|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mod Ramen originally planned for the wand to have a special attack, but this was scrapped due to time constraints.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Ramen. Why don't Praesuls and Khopeshes have special attacks?. Reddit. 9 February 2021. (Archived from the original on 10 February 2021.) Mod Ramen: "Scope or development time. Unfortunately, we need to adhere to a schedule and this can sometimes mean things get cut due to time constraints. This was the case for the Prausel wand, though I do still want to do the special attack I had in mind for it for a different piece of content."
Main hand magic weapons
|Mage Training Arena|
|Dyed seismic wand|
|Dyed wand of the praesul|