Glacies is one of the four mages guarding Nex in the Ancient Prison. Each of these mages has mastered one of the elements of the ancient spellbook, with Glacies being the master of ice.
Unlike the other mages whose past is completely unknown, part of Glacies' past is revealed in the Virtus book. She accompanied Virtus to Ghorrock to study the local snowfield, where she found strata that leaked strange energy from a concentration of black and purple crystals. Virtus temporarily left her to inspect the other Forinthry fortresses, where she continued her research. When Virtus returned from his inspection, he learned that Glacies offered her life essence to the crystals, much to his disdain, although the energy did remind him of Nex.
In the normal Nex encounter, Glacies is able to cast Ice Barrage, which can freeze players for a few seconds if they are not using Protect/Deflect Magic.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
In this Nex encounter, Glacies is substantially stronger than her normal encounter, having increased combat stats and also using abilities. She is summoned by Nex when she reaches 2,100,000 life points along with her fellow mages Fumus, Cruor, and Umbra.
Glacies does not appear immediately appear in the fight; rather, an ice amalgamation takes her place. If the amalgamation is destroyed or its bar is filled, Glacies will then appear and attack the players, with slight changes based on the actions of the players. If the amalgamation was destroyed, Glacies will be significantly weakened, only having 150,000 life points; if it wasn't destroyed in time, she will appear with 300,000 life points.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- As with the name of all these mages, Glacies' name is derived from a Latin word "glacies" meaning "ice."
- Prior to the God Wars graphical update, Glacies wore Ancient ceremonial robes that had a minor blue tint on them.
- Like the other mages of Nex, Glacies' armour is similar to that of the Virtus armour. The only difference is that Glacies' armour has a blue tint.
- If Glacies attacks a target using Protect/Deflect Magic in the original Nex encounter, all of her attacks will miss as long as the said prayer/curse is active, regardless of her target's armour rating.
- Despite being female, Glacies uses the same sounds as generic male wizards in the original Nex encounter.
- Glacies was given the epithet "master of ice" in the Knowledge Base.
- ^ glacies. An Elementary Latin Dictionary. Harper and Brothers. "ice"*