Ancient warriors are melee based enemies found in the Ancient Prison in the God Wars Dungeon. Occasionally when fighting an Ancient warrior, they perform their special attack that appears as little black clouds of dust on the ground, closing in on the player in the shape of an 'X' until converging at the place where the player had been standing. If the player doesn't quickly move at least two squares away, they will be hit for heavy damage (commonly over 2,800 life points of damage). This attack cannot be blocked by any means, including Devotion and Barricade, but can be avoided by moving away. This is similar to one of Warped Gulega's special attacks. Killing Ancient warriors counts toward the required kill-count of 40 to enter Nex's chamber. It is recommended to stay near the entrance to the prison area if the player needs to get killcount so that only the warriors will attack them.
Ancient warriors can be made unaggressive if the player is wearing the Shard of Zaros, a post-quest reward from Fate of the Gods.
It is possible to farm these for super attack and defence potions, but is not recommended due to the risks and high requirements needed to fight them.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- A common drop is 1337 coins. This represents the internet slang, l33t, or Leet, meaning elite.
- The Ancient Warriors wear a light brown version of the previous version of Torva armour.
- Ancient warriors, along with ancient rangers, are one of the few human NPCs in RuneScape that do not have their death animation similar to that of a player before the Evolution of Combat.