Umbra is one of Nex's four minions. As with all of Nex's bodyguards, Umbra has mastered a specific type of ancient magic. Umbra is the master of shadow magic.
In the normal Nex encounter, Umbra is the shadow mage that powers Nex with shadow magic. Her attacks can lower the player's attack levels.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
In this Nex encounter, Umbra is substantially stronger than her normal encounter, having increased combat stats and also using abilities. She is summoned by Nex when she reaches 2,100,000 life points along with her fellow mages Fumus, Cruor and Glacies.
Umbra does not appear immediately appear in the fight; rather, a shadow amalgamation takes her place. If the amalgamation is destroyed or its bar is filled, Umbra will then appear and attack the players, with slight changes based on the actions of the players. If the amalgamation was destroyed, Umbra will be significantly weakened, only having 150,000 life points; if it wasn't destroyed in time, she will appear with 300,000 life points.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Changed references to renamed Ancient Magic elements on Fumus, Umbra and Cruor's examine texts.
- As with the name of all these mages, Umbra's name is a Latin word, meaning 'shadow' or 'shade'.
- Prior to the God Wars graphical update, Umbra wore Ancient ceremonial robes that had a somewhat black tint on them.
- Umbra's armour is significantly similar to the Virtus armour.
- Nex uses shadow spells that deal ranged damage during her Shadow phase; however, Umbra's spells do magic damage.
- Umbra was given the epithet "caster of shadow" in the Knowledge Base.
- ^ umbra. An Elementary Latin Dictionary. Harper and Brothers. "a shade, shadow"*