|Release||10 January 2011 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||240,000 coins|
|Low alch||160,000 coins|
|An ancient mage's mask.|
|Exchange||10,872,966 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The Virtus mask is part of the Virtus equipment set, obtainable by killing Nex. It requires 80 Defence and 80 Constitution to be worn.
The mask lasts for a duration of 10 hours of combat before degrading completely, and then may be repaired by Bob in Lumbridge or at a player-owned house armour stand. It should be noted that the mask does not degrade in increments, and its stats stay the same until the 10 hours is up. It costs 500,000 coins to have the mask repaired at Bob's Brilliant Axes, or 250,000 coins at an armour stand with 99 Smithing.
Wearing this mask or any other piece of ancient equipment will make all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive.
When received with CoinShare active, the Virtus mask will be dropped as 120 Virtus mask shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
A fully charged Virtus mask can be broken down into 2 magic praesulic essences at a Dragonkin anvil. Breaking down a degraded Virtus mask will return a smaller percentage of praesulic essence than a fully charged piece, depending on the number of charge of the item.
Ancient armour degrades as it is used. Equipment received from Nex or Treasure Hunter is fully repaired and can be used for 60,000 charges of combat (though it degrades by 2 charges per hit, making the minimum time 5 hours) until it degrades completely and requires repair before it can be used again; it does not suffer in performance as it degrades from fully repaired to fully degraded. The remaining charges of Ancient armour can be checked by right-clicking it and selecting 'check-charge'. Additionally, Ancient armour may only be traded if fully repaired or fully degraded, excluding Shadow Gem variants. Items lose 20% charge if reclaimed from a gravestone after dying.
There are two ways to repair Ancient armour. Players can talk to any of the NPCs listed below and they will repair the items for a price, or repair the pieces themselves using an armour stand in any player-owned house for a reduced cost based on their Smithing level. The equipment can be repaired at any stage, and the cost will be adjusted according to how much it has degraded. The repair costs below are as if the equipment has fully degraded.
The following NPCs can repair the armour:
|Costs to repair
||POH Armour Stand
|Level 1 Smithing
||Level 99 Smithing
|The price is exactly 50% when boosted to 100 Smithing
template = Barrows repair/calc
form = repairForm
result = repairResult
param = level|Smithing level (1-105)|1|int|1-105||
param = price|price|500000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- Armours no longer degrades from players taking damage from the desert heat or bugs in dark areas.
- This item, along with the other Virtus, Torva, and Pernix pieces, originally had a glitch which did not allow them to be traded even after being repaired. This has since been fixed.
- When degraded its value appears to be set to 100m.
- Whenever Nex drops a piece of Torva, Pernix, or Virtus armour, a server wide announcement is broadcast to all players currently logged into that particular world.
- The Virtus Mask seems to have been moulded to resemble the mask Terry McGinnis (and for a short time, Bruce Wayne) dons, in the cartoon series, Batman Beyond (1999-2001).
- Before the Evolution of Combat, when worn, the mask increased a player's maximum life points by 66.