The Bandos godsword (passive) is created by using a Bandos godsword on the Bandos altar in General Graardor's room. This process can be repeated to turn the sword back to normal. The passive effect replaces the special attack and also renders the sword untradeable.
It has a passive effect that can be toggled on by using it on the altar within the boss room of Bandos' Stronghold (the room in which General Graardor is located), however, entering Bandos' Stronghold requires 70 Strength. It decreases the target's level in Defence by 1 if they are above 90% of their Defence level. This passive effect has a 25% chance of occurring with a successful hit. However, like most godswords, the passive effect is noticeably less impressive compared to its special attack, in this case due to its slow nature and drain cap.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 22 February 2016 (Update):
- Players can now create augmented passive godswords to match the non-passive ones. This can be achieved by either using an augmentor on a passive godsword, or use an existing augmented godsword on the relevant altar to swap between passive and non-passive variants.
- patch 6 July 2015 (Update):
- The 'dismantle' option on passive Godswords now works as intended.
- patch 22 September 2014 (Update):
- Some errors in calculating damage values have been fixed with two-handed weapons.