The Enchanted Valley's waterfall.
The Enchanted Valley (also commonly known as Centaur Valley or Enchanted Forest) is a small, hidden place only accessible by the use of the fairy ring transportation system with code BKQ. When the player appears in the valley, he/she will be standing behind a waterfall. The waterfall has a steep incline which can be walked down into the valley. The world is a shard of Renmark. It was found by Saradomin some time after Renmark shattered.
It contains the Wood Dryad and centaurs, alongside attackable rabbits, and the creature unique to the Enchanted Valley, the stag. The trees resemble Arctic pine trees. The entire area is surrounded by what appears to be a very thick concentration of these trees, however, these trees do not have leaves covering the whole trunk and they somewhat resemble maple trees with arctic pine branches. A river, fed by the waterfall, leads to the south-east towards an unexplorable region. The side of the river is covered in thick reeds. Around to the other side of the river, opposite the waterfall, the Frog Prince and Frog Princess, along with the Frog Herald, can be found "froggymooning".
If a player chops a tree here, a tree spirit will always attack. In addition, the former rock golem and river troll random events reside here. Players can "activate" them by mining, prospecting or fishing in the respective areas. The tree spirit is level 12, and the rock golem and river trolls do not have a level, but still can be attacked. The rocks contain an unknown substance, as prospecting them or mining them will yield no message in the text box and a rock golem attack. Fighting rock golems or river trolls yields no experience.
The player must visit the Valley during the quest A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift, where General Gromblod has taken up temporary residence in the search for a special kind of mango. This ork disappears after quest completion. Before this quest, the valley had little use other than those who enjoy the serenity or look for nostalgia fighting retired random event monsters. The mysterious wood dryads and the Stag do not exist anywhere else in the game.
The only way to access the Enchanted Valley is with the fairy ring BKQ. If A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift has not been completed, either a Dramen staff or a Lunar staff must be equipped.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Fishing spots in the Enchanted Valley can now be lured without having a fly fishing rod in your Inventory.
- ninja 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Skyboxes and outer mappings have been added to Zanaris and the Enchanted Valley.
- The large rock's examine info are references to rock and roll, being "I guess it's not a rolling stone" and "Rock, but obviously not roll." More specifically, the first one being to the proverb, "A rolling stone gathers no moss" (due to the moss covering the rock) or the famous Rolling Stones, or the Bob Dylan hit 'Like a Rolling Stone'; the second might be towards Rock 'n' Roll in general, or maybe an alteration of the line "To be a rock and not to roll," sung by Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant at the end of 'Stairway to Heaven.'
- A unique red and yellow butterfly orbits around the woods, with the examine info: "These look much better in the wild."
- Before the advent of the Home teleport system, players who dropped their Dramen staff had no way leave the area. Many players became trapped in the Enchanted Valley until a player could come to give them teleport runes to get back to Gielinor. Now however, players can go back through the fairy ring if they drop it.
- The unique creatures in the valley are all featured in The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch, And the Wardrobe and The Last Battle.
- The release of this area may have been foreshadowed in Postbag from the Hedge #3. In it, a tree spirit speaks of an "Eternal Forest," the tree spirit's homeland. This may explain why tree spirits always attacked when players attempted to chop down the trees, even before the random events update.
- You cannot spawn river troll with feather-less fly fishing from Prawnbroker perks but bait-less fishing works. This may be an oversight.