Tuska approaches, and Gielinor must unite or be devoured, as have so many worlds before.
Head into space – onto the back of the beast goddess herself – and traverse fragments of sundered worlds to gather divine energy.
Use this to charge a mighty god spear and rain down punishing blows upon Tuska, gaining glory for your faction of choice.
Fight hard to put your faction at the forefront of the battle, and claim rewards including a new warpriest set, an ability that does huge damage to Slayer targets, emotes, cosmetic overrides and plenty of XP.
Be part of RuneScape history in this epic battle. It's sure to have a lasting impact on Gielinor!
How to Start
None. Free players and members of any level can participate in the World Event.
Many of its rewards are only of use to RuneScape members.
To get to Tuska, simply access the new lodestone teleport (automatically unlocked) that takes you straight onto her back.
Once you're there, speak to a representative of the four factions present – Armadyl, Saradomin, Zamorak and the Godless – and pledge yourself to one of these.
The event plays out hourly, as a twenty-minute D&D for 1-10 players. You can start in any of three ways:
- Use the Grouping System to make a team of people you know, then talk to Wizard Chambers on Tuska's back.
- To queue for a random group, click on the edge of the island closest to Tuska's back.
- To play solo, start a group of one through the Grouping System, and speak to Chambers.
Note that the encounters scale in accordance with the number of players in the group.
As the event plays out, you will jump between four islands – orbiting fragments of worlds that Tuska has destroyed.
On each, you'll skill or fight to gather divine energy – click the information icon on the interface at the top of the screen if you need to know what to do. Doing so will charge your god spear, and earn you reward points to spend.
You'll visit the islands in random order, and spend 5 minutes on each. Over the course of the islands, you'll need to charge up your god spear by at least 10% (shown in the top interface) to reach Tuska's head, where you'll strike her a blow, earning victory points for your faction.
Points earned during the Tuska event can be spent by talking to the faction representatives and opening the reward shop:
- World Eater armour: this is the new warpriest set. It's hybrid armour, with stats equivalent to 25, 50 or 75, depending on your Defence level. Note that level 75 stats are only available to members. Wearing the full set gives you a chance to max-hit enemies in combat.
- Tuska's Wrath: this basic ability deals huge damage – based on a multiple of your Slayer level – to monsters you've been assigned by a Slayer master. Note that this doesn't affect some more powerful enemies, such as the Queen Black Dragon.
- Cosmetic Overrides: god spear (two-handed melee) and telescope (off-hand magic).
- Previous World Event armour and abilities.
- XP lamps.
There are also four titles, unlocked by dealing increasing levels of total damage to Tuska.
Fight for your faction's glory, and become a true hero of Gielinor. Enjoy, and let us know your thoughts over on the forums.
The RuneScape Team