|Start date||1 June 2015 (Update)|
|End date||6 July 2015 (Update)|
|Outcome||The Godless Victory over Tuska, with Vorago killing her.|
|Preceded by||The Bird and the Beast|
|Head developer||Andrew H, Chris L|
|Saradomin, Zamorak, Armadyl and The Godless||Tuska|
|Bree, Moia, Kamiee, Vorago (via Scopulus)||Unknown|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Tuska Comes, first mentioned at RuneFest 2013 and expanded on at RuneFest 2014, was the third world event involving four factions (Armadyl, The Godless, Saradomin, and Zamorak) banding together to try and kill the blind boar god Tuska, who was hurtling towards Gielinor in an attempt to devour it. Players were able to side with one of the four factions trying to kill her. Its original release date was the third week of May, but was moved back to 1 June 2015. The event spanned 30 days.
The aim was to use residual Anima Mundi to charge a weapon and stab Tuska in her weak-spot, weakening and destroying a barrier of Anima Mundi (similar to that of the Edicts of Guthix) which was preventing Tuska's destruction.
Beginning on 1 June 2015 players could speak with representatives from each faction, (Scopulus for The Godless, Kamiee for Armadyl, Bree for Saradomin, and Moia for Zamorak) to join a faction and to access a reward shop.
Tuska adapted to players' actions as the event progressed. Contributions from each god faction were tracked; at the end of the event, the winner was determined by the side (Tuska or Gielinor) that had won the most "days". A third outcome was also a possibility, but never used. Ultimately the Godless won and Tuska was slain by Vorago.
Scopulus remained on Tuska's corpse and was joined by Kara-Meir and Garlandia, while the other factions left. Also remaining, at the top of Tuska's spine, is a strange energy matrix, the World window, which grants access to Mazcab.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Anima Islands[edit | edit source]
During the World Event, Tuska was originally positioned facing north, the opposite of her current south-facing orientation.
The starting island and Wizard Chambers were to the west, with the bank and faction camp to the east. The representatives of the losing factions left after the conclusion of the world event and only Scopulus remained behind. Meteorite chunks could previously be taken to the world window to damage Tuska and earn experience in a skill of your choice.
Each day (resetting at 00:00 UTC) was treated as a new round. If 100% total damage was done to Tuska, the faction that dealt the most damage to Tuska won the day, otherwise Tuska won. Players made their way from island to island to reach the front of Tuska, where they had to stab her weak point with a Tuska spear, god-aligned to the faction the player chose. The islands in Tuska's orbit, remains of planets that she had devoured, contained remnants of Anima Mundi, which was used to charge the spear.
At the start of each hour, announced by timer, the event would begin. When it began, players could jump to the starting island, where players aligned with the same faction as one another would be grouped together. If players wished to do the event with friends or with people aligned to multiple factions, the Grouping System could be used.
On the islands, players took part in various minigames to gather the Anima Mundi to charge the spear. Players could use combat in the minigames, as well as non-combat skills including Agility, Construction, Divination, Dungeoneering, Farming, Firemaking, Herblore, Hunter, Mining, Prayer, and Woodcutting. Experience received scaled according to the player's levels.
When the four islands had been passed through, players were dropped from above onto one of Tuska's tusks and given Reward Currency equal to 10x the percentage the spear was charged (the limit for first stab was 1000 points, second and third stabs gave 250 points, and any stabs after that gave up to 50 points). This limit would reset at the start of each day.
Players then climbed up Tuska's teeth and stabbed the spear into one of her weak spots, resulting in the player saying a phrase depending on the faction with which they were aligned. The player was then sent back to the starting area. Should the player not stab Tuska in time, they would burst into flame and be teleported back to the starting area.
Depending on the player's alignment, they'd say the following phrases:
- Godless - Player:
- Armadyl - Player:
- Zamorak - Player:
- Saradomin - Player:
Between events[edit | edit source]
At 0:20 of each hour, the event became unavailable for 40 minutes until the start of a new hour (i.e. 0:00, 1:00, etc.). During this time, other skilling methods became unlocked for players to obtain Tuska fragments, an alternate source of the Reward Currency which could be used on Wizard Chambers for 5 Reward Currency each. From 4 to 8 June players also received 1 Astromancer credit for every fragment collected.
Skilling nodes were previously located on Tuska's sides, green quills which could be cut down for Woodcutting experience, and blue spines that could be balanced on for Agility experience. Players gained 10x experience if they were balancing on a stump that had an electrical current around it.
A maximum of 80 Tuska fragments could be gained each day by skilling and killing on Tuska's back. Skilling and killing on Tuska's back was limited to 80 minutes per day, which could be reset by stabbing Tuska another time. Red-text warnings appeared in chat after every 25% (every 20 minutes) of the player's allotted skilling/killing time that had passed.
These activities are not available anymore since the World Event ended.
Results[edit | edit source]
For Tuska to be defeated by another faction on any given day, Tuska would need a score of 0.0%.
Total - 16 days required to win
- Tuska: 10
- Gielinor (all factions combined): 20
- Godless: 20
- Armadyl: 0
- Saradomin: 0
- Zamorak: 0
Rewards[edit | edit source]
After 20 minutes on the islands, the players are returned to Tuska's back, and receive Reward Currency equal to 10x the percentage the meter was filled to. Up to 1,000 Reward Currency can be obtained per game by completing runs on the islands.
Rewards include a tiered emote called Tuska's Fury, cosmetic overrides of the god-aligned spears, abilities from the previous world events and the new Tuska's Wrath ability, the Tuska storm teleport animation override, and Warpriest of Tuska armour, a type of warpriest armour that adds a small chance to deal a maximum hit against enemies in combat, including bosses, in a manner similar to Biting. The prices for these rewards have been increased since the World Event ended. During the world event, the previous sets of warpriest armour were also available.
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
After Tuska's defeat at the hands of the various god factions, with a decisive Godless victory, Vorago killed Tuska. Tuska's body fell into the waters directly west of the Bandit Camp and the Bedabin Camp in the Kharidian Desert. Tuska's body can still be accessed; the Anima Islands activity available during the world event has become a permanently available Distraction & Diversion.
Many of the rewards that could be unlocked during the world event are still available, albeit at a higher price with a greater quantity of Reward Currency required. Full Warpriest of Tuska armour, abilities unlocked in previous world events (Sacrifice, Devotion, Transfigure, and Tuska's Wrath), and the Tuska storm teleport animation override still available in the rewards shop for the Anima Islands activity. However, four titles that could previously be unlocked during the World Event are no longer available.
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
The strange matrix on Tuska's back grows to resemble a portal to Mazcab
A Star sprite seen drifting by on a meteorite
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- Players who did not take part in the Tuska World Event will no longer see the final cutscene upon login.
- patch 27 July 2015 (Update):
- It is now possible to re-watch the 'Tuska Falls' cutscene as a non-member by speaking to the Astromancer on the Lumbridge dock.
- patch 22 June 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer see green triangles in the particle effect near Wizard Chambers on Tuska's back.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- A visual effect has been added to Tuska's tooth, making the area to climb more visible.
- A visual effect now leads players from Tuska's back to the floating island used to start the event.
- It is no longer possible to retain animations from the Tuska World Event when teleporting away.
- Players can no longer become stuck when jumping from a spine on Tuska's back while in Legacy combat mode.
- A typo in the examine text for the Tuska islands' fallen meteors has been corrected.
- The Telekinetic Grab spell can no longer be used in space.
- A typo has been fixed in the World Event Community interface.
- The World Event contribution cap has been increased.
- Stabbing Tuska will now reset your gathering limit on Tuska's back.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An icon for the Tuska lodestone appears on the minimap, even though the lodestone is now inactive and no icon for it appears on the World Map.
- The tormented souls on the Death Island look identical to the vile ghosts from the 2014 Hallowe'en event.
- The examine info on a Shattered Pylon may be a reference to StarCraft's "You Must Construct Additional Pylons" / "We need more pylons", stating: "You could use more of these".
- If a player dies in an activity, they receive the message "The Astromancers protect you from death!" and are restored to full health after a few seconds on the same spot, but stats like Prayer and Summoning points will not be restored.
- Previously, if the ring of visibility was equipped, or if the player had been gifted by Sliske after Fate of the Gods, Soran, Emissary of Zaros could be found on Tuska, near the world window. However, if spoken to, Soran said Zaros was not taking part and had only sent him as an observer.
- At times, a Star Sprite could be seen on one of the drifting rocks during the event portion.
- Previously there was a glitch where, if players teleported off of Tuska's head before stabbing her, they would retain a "moon gravity" walking effect in the regular game areas.
- Previously, if one opened an Amulet of Catspeak and tried to find Bob it would point northeast even though Tuska was headed north.
- If Gielinor won at the end of the day, there was a message saying: However, if Tuska won, the message would instead say:
- This is the first world event that did not feature new content every week.
- Before the update on 8 June, players could only skill in Tuska's back for 80 minutes per day, and there was no cap on the number of fragments that could be gained in this time.
- This is the first world event with no intro cutscene.
- The final cutscene automatically plays on the first login after the update on 6 July 2015. It can be replayed by talking to Kara-Meir on Tuska's corpse or Wizard Chambers on the bridge between Lumbridge Swamp and Al Kharid.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Mark and the RuneScape Team. "RuneFest's Big Reveals." 10 October 2014. RuneScape News. "Meet Tuska, a giant beast that stampedes from world to world, breaking it apart and eating its life force. You've seen the destruction it can cause through Guthix's memories, and now she's going to turn her attention to RuneScape."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Chris L's Twitter account. 3 March 2015. (Archived from the original on 4 March 2015.) Mod Chris L: "It's the third week of May. I still blame Kelpie as he's the one that moves stuff about on the release schedule!"
- ^ Mod Kelpie. "Tuska World Event Start Date." 5 May 2015. Future Game Updates Forums. "I know we have previously discussed it beginning in May, but after some players raising that this clashed with their exams and us looking at historic player statistics, we decided to move it back a few weeks."
- ^ a b RuneScape. RuneScape TV: Tuska World Event, Boss Practice Mode + More! - 27/01/2015 (YouTube video). 27 January 2015.*
- ^ Mod Matthe. "Patch Notes - 08/06." 8 June 2015. Recent Game Updates Forums.
Wars and battles