that can be performed while wearing the robes
Ancient ceremonial robes are dropped by Ancient mages, Fumus, Umbra, Cruor and Glacies in the God Wars Dungeon's Ancient Prison. Wearing a full set of ancient ceremonial robes allows players to proceed through the Ancient Prison without having to get the kill count.
They provide no protection from god-aligned monsters nor do they possess stat bonuses of any sort, so food and other equipment should be taken. Alternatively, the shard of Zaros, rewarded after Fate of the Gods, acts as god protection to all factions in the dungeon, including those in the prison. The set also has an emote once all the parts are worn, which is activated by clicking "Activate" on the robe top.
The full set of these robes can be stored in the armour case of a player-owned house.
When worn while proceeding through the boss portal in the Max Guild or War's Retreat, the player will be instantly transported inside the bank area just past the kill count door instead of at the staircase in the Ancient Prison should the teleport destination be set to the bank area.
Gielinor's Most Expensive Doorstop ( 10) – Have Ashuelot Reis permanently open the doors to Nex for you.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 26 October 2020 (Update):
- You may now unlock the ability to access Nex without the usual item requirements from Ashuelot Reis.
- This costs one set of Ancient Ceremonial Robes, 10 million coins and a frozen key.
- Doing so will award an Achievement.
- patch 28 March 2011 (Update):
- This robe set's animation now hides weapons when played.