This article is about God Wars Dungeon drop. For the Treasure Trails reward, see Bandos platebody
For other variants of this item, see lucky
The Bandos chestplate is a chestpiece power armour piece which requires level 70 Defence to wear. It is part of the Bandos armour set. It is dropped by General Graardor and his bodyguards, Sergeants Strongstack, Steelwill and Grimspike, in the God Wars Dungeon. As it is equipment aligned with Bandos, wearing it in the God Wars Dungeon nullifies Bandosian minions.
The Bandos chestplate has the second best armour rating for non-degradable melee bodies, beaten only by the Anima Core Body of Zaros and being equal to the Third-age platebody. The Bandos chestplate offers both a prayer and strength bonus that the Third-age platebody lacks, however. Its stats are also surpassed by degrading equipment, such as the Superior tetsu body, Tetsu body, Torva platebody, Vesta's chainbody, Statius's platebody, and Barrows equipment.
When received with CoinShare active, the Bandos chestplate will be dropped as 120 Bandos chestplate shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- ^ a b c d e There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- This armour is not considered to be metallic when using any of Ava's devices.
- The inventory icon for a Bandos chestplate was missing both the shoulder spikes and the sleeve. It also resembled the male version of the chestplate more than the female version. This was fixed after the graphical update on 6 March 2012.
- Before the graphical update, the shoulder piece on the female version appeared to be slightly bigger and rounder than the one on the male version. This may be due to the fact that the model for female characters is smaller than that of male characters, making the shoulder piece appear larger. There was also an extra side piece on the female version.
- Before the graphical update, the gauntlet-like pieces of the chestplate, near where gloves would be equipped, differed by the player's gender. The male version of the chestplate seemed to have 3 layers of hand plating, while the female version had 2.
- The chestplate, along with many other items, received a small damage boost on 14 January 2013.
- Ironically, while the armour is called Bandos chestplate, it exposes a large part of the chest on male players.